Re: Oh my God! It's full of stars!

senorgrand wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:51 am
Marlene wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 am Now I’m pondering how tricky it would be to build a 10mm lever gun.

Welcome!
https://www.google.com/amp/www.thefirea ... 040ss/amp/

Enjoy!
I was trying to get my tablet to post a link to Ranger Point last night, but it wouldn't cooperate. The price has gone up to $2300, not including the rifle. That's not an unreasonable price to pay for the hours of skilled labor involved, not to mention the equipment needed to do it right, but I've never thought the juice was worth the squeeze.

If somebody ever does a run of factory 10mm levers, I'll probably have to have one though...

leftneck wrote:Howdy.

Up until a little while ago, I had no idea such a thing as this existed. I'm excited to find this place. I live in a rural location in South West Washington, hunt, grow my own food, enjoy shooting, and am deeply uncomfortable with the fact that owning guns has become intertwined with a Neo-con political agenda.

I really enjoy shooting. I am particularly fond of the 10mm Auto cartridge and lever action rifles. I'm also a traditional bow hunter.

I was glad to find this place. I'm looking forward to participating in the discussion, and making some new friends.

Regards,

David
Welcome from NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blue Dot Veteran

FlyGuy wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:24 am Howdy form Houston!
And Welcome Aboard! :welcome:

I have only recently found the 10 mm, I really enjoy shooting this round. I like when people call it the ".40 magnum".
I have been on the hunt for other firearms that will take the caliber. Right now I have a Tanfoglio Witness Elite. Which I love, but looking for more
Ruger released a 10 mm of their SR1911 two months after I bought one chambered in .45 acp. No regrets, just arggg.
I have also found that Kriss Vector has options, but I am not ready to take that leap.
It's the .40 Big N Tall, the .40 XLT, the 040 Casull...sorry I let the wine do the talking again. :blink:
A buddy of mine just purchased the Ruger SR1911, it looks nice, can't wait to shoot it....ka-bang!
I'm beginning to thing pistols are like PC's the minute you buy one, another one better comes along.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.

leftneck wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:18 pm
SwampGrouch wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 pm :welcome: from real close by. How far south of Olympia are you?
I'm outside Yacolt, right on the edge of the GIfford Pinchot NF. We love it here.
Sasquatch and D. B. Cooper country! I'm right off I-5 in Lewis Co.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Howdy from Ballard in Seattle! :welcome:

If you need more 10 mms, I have a Witness Wonder Finish (the base model steel frame DA/SA) and a Witness Hunter in that caliber that I'm about ready to sell, with two mags each. I'm tired of chasing scarce brass and flinching. Off a rest I've shot groups as small as with any handgun from the Hunter, and fairly repeatably, but I can't do it standing for some reason. I'm ready to trade down to something like a 9 mm 1911 or maybe a Glock 34.

Nice title! My signature used to be something like this:

Oh my God! It's full of galaxies!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _field.jpg

I think pretty much everything in that image that doesn't have diffraction spikes is a galaxy. It's absolutely nuts!
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:54 am Howdy from Ballard in Seattle! :welcome:

If you need more 10 mms, I have a Witness Wonder Finish (the base model steel frame DA/SA) and a Witness Hunter in that caliber that I'm about ready to sell, with two mags each. I'm tired of chasing scarce brass and flinching. Off a rest I've shot groups as small as with any handgun from the Hunter, and fairly repeatably, but I can't do it standing for some reason. I'm ready to trade down to something like a 9 mm 1911 or maybe a Glock 34.

Nice title! My signature used to be something like this:

Oh my God! It's full of galaxies!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _field.jpg

I think pretty much everything in that image that doesn't have diffraction spikes is a galaxy. It's absolutely nuts!
I actually owned a Witness Wonder Finish at one point because it was the closest thing I could get to a Bren Ten. I'm full up on 10mm's right now, thank you though. You'll find the Glock 34 a very easy shooting platform.

SwampGrouch wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:07 pm
SwampGrouch wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 pm :welcome: from real close by. How far south of Olympia are you?
I'm outside Yacolt, right on the edge of the GIfford Pinchot NF. We love it here.
One of our goals is to find Sasquatch, and ask him what he did with DB Cooper's money.

leftneck wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 pm
SwampGrouch wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:07 pm
One of our goals is to find Sasquatch, and ask him what he did with DB Cooper's money.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Spent it on shampoo and a fur coat?
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.