mrbriguy11- Introduction

Greetings from NJ!
I am a 20-year-old college student from New Jersey, in the middle of applying for my firearms license. My father's side of the family have always been avid hunters, and thus are gun enthusiasts. However, we've always been registered Democrats. We have a few guns that have been handed down for a few generations- Several shotguns and one .22 rifle. I've never shot them, but hope to soon.

My first times shooting was about a year ago, in Pennsylvania, with some family. We went to an indoor range and shot some .22 pistols- I forget their names.

I found you guys through several articles- I forget the sources exactly- that state alternatives to the NRA. You guys seem the biggest and best-organized. I have several friends who are into guns, but are way too right-wing for me to hang out with all the time. I have to hang with them in small doses.

Anyway, I'm very excited to join this community, and I look forward to future interactions!

Re: mrbriguy11- Introduction

Hi!
Are you here in The Garden State in school?
I don't know what the minimum age is for the FPID, because I passed 21 many decades ago.
To shoot at the ranges here, you'll need to either go with another person, or have your FPID. To rent, you need either 2 people, or your FPID and your own firearm.
I know 3 ranges: RTSP's ranges in Randolf and Union, and Gun For Hire in Woodland Park. There are others, but I haven't been there.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."