Re: Banned from trapshooting.com :-)

highdesert wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:55 pm :welcome: What state are you in? A big group in CA is Calguns, I lurk because they have some informative threads, but got tired of being blow torched and the owner is right wing. Fairly mellow bunch here.
I'm in Westwern Colorado. Solid republican area. Trap club is reasonably friendly, but all too often, the talk,around the gun racks goes to places where I have to grit my teeth.

Banned from trapshooting.com :-)

There are some nonparametric statistical tests for observed samples to allow one to determine the confidence level at which one can rule out the null hypothesis that the sample is drawn from a Gaussian parent population. The nice thing is that the data don’t have to be binned.

Thinking about this for a second, I believe a relevant test for a shotgun pattern would be the one-sided, single-sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov test. It’s been a long time since I used such tests so I may be wrong.

Damn, I have not accessed those synapses in at least two decades.

What a bunch of nerds!
gauss.png
I can't believe I hang out here.

On factor in the distribution of shot patterns is that in the early phases of blast, there is a significant laminar flow effect (Hagen–Poiseuille) especially in smaller bore shotguns. In theory, this should only apply to "fluids", but it creates a decent approximation of a "matrix" of gasses, powder by-products and shot moving at speed. In fact, the "choke" on a shotgun is more about an instantaneous application of the turbulence that increases as the 4th power of the radius shrinkage (the most extreme exponential factor I have ever used in a normal physics engine).

After the shot is roughly two barrel lengths away from the shotgun, all laminar flow effects seem to diminish to zero and each pellet is on its own path.

Oh, by the way, Welcome from the Free State of Nevada and all that. Glad to have you on the forum.

I had a really hard time in those conservative forums because I just wanted to correct everyone's grammar or point out how clueless they are. The first rule in making a coherent argument in my mind is being able to write with some degree of intelligence. When all they can say is "your (sic) wrong" I want reach through the screen and strangle them. What's really funny is that on ARFcom they specifically ban calling out people for being dumb. Guess it's a touchy subject :lol: Of course maybe here too so as a new member I'll try to behave myself.

dougb wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:07 am It's interesting how you can start out on a conservative site and hold your tongue for a while, but then the blatant hypocrisy works it way through and you have to respond, knowing you will get bounced for speaking truth to ignorance. Almost like being banned is one of this sites entrance requirements.
That was my experience with SIGTalk. My first few months there I was pretty heavily involved in a lot of threads in a lot of sections; even thought I'd made a few friends. Once I discovered General Discussion, though, it was only a matter of time until I corrected insulted the wrong Mod.

But Trapshooting?

Anyway - Welcome!
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there - George Harrison
Don't go where the road don't go - Ringo Starr

Re: Banned from trapshooting.com [emoji3]

OldBrowning wrote:
highdesert wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:55 pm :welcome: What state are you in? A big group in CA is Calguns, I lurk because they have some informative threads, but got tired of being blow torched and the owner is right wing. Fairly mellow bunch here.
I'm in Westwern Colorado. Solid republican area. Trap club is reasonably friendly, but all too often, the talk,around the gun racks goes to places where I have to grit my teeth.
One reason I am not an ATA member. Any shoot I tried to attend around Atlanta always seemed to have a “thank God for (insert Republican) ” theme going. My club lays off the politics pretty good. We have a nice trap and skeet field. 2.50 a round for targets lets you get great practice. But I miss the chance for competition. My average will probably never get past 20. The lack of stress in my life will more than make up for the loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fortuna Peratus Renumerat

Liberal Condescension or Conservative Paranoia; A hell of a way to run a democracy.