Greetings from the SF Bay Area

Hey there, new member from the SF Bay Area, specifically San Mateo.

I am a relatively new shooter, but I'm getting involved in the competition side of things. I'm not very good (yet), tend to be in the lower half of the overall standings, but that's maybe because I don't shoot a race gun. Alternatively, maybe it's because I have a lot to learn and need a lot more practice. In all honesty, the 2nd reason is more likely, my skills hold me back more than my firearm.

One challenge I've found in shooting is the strong right lean that most of my peers have. I don't find it too oppressive, I'm pretty easy to get along with, but I do often feel, well, alone. So I'm happy to have found this organization.

Any questions you may have for me, feel free to send them my way!

Re: Greetings from the SF Bay Area

Welcome!

It is all about practice. Don't fall into the "race gun" trap. When you are experienced enough that a race gun makes the difference, you will know more about what you want and what you need to buy. When you see people with race guns lose to experienced guys with stock M9s or, even, revolvers.... you know it is about the shooter and not the gun.

We are all in the same bizarre boat. Most gun-owners are now right-wing. Just have fun shooting. Things won't always be this way.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:04 am ...Don't fall into the "race gun" trap...
...When you see people with race guns lose to experienced guys with stock M9s or, even, revolvers...
Heh, yeah, I don't want to be "that guy". I'm perfectly happy being near the bottom of the barrel and learning... for now. I'm in no rush to randomly fling money at some gear that won't help me improve.

And thank you for the greeting.

Yeah, I do think the pendulum will swing. In the meantime, I'm glad this forum exists!

Welcome from sunny South Florida!

This is a very diverse space, I think you'll enjoy it :)

CZ is the best, anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant or a liar ;)

Shooting where I am is okay, Florida has relatively lax gun laws. We have a bunch of ranges, but walking distance from me is one of my favorite ranges I've ever been to. It's what I like to call a "dive bar" of gun ranges. Old industrial district, nobody ever there except the occasional old dude or old black lady, cats roam the place at will, smells a little bit like your grandma's house aside from the gunpowder (unless you had a super badass grandma), it's kinda magical if you can appreciate it for what it is.

Shooting is easy here in PA. My outdoor range cost me about $100 a year, and usually I’m the only one shooting there. Gun laws are simple in the sense that it’s easy to get a license to carry, there is no waiting period, mag limit, nor approved list to deal with.

Oh yeah. CZs are sublime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk