Hello from VA

Hello,

I have been lurking around the forums for a while, and finally decided to join, the club and the forum. I live in the Shenandoah Valley, and am a new shooter, but I have wanted to learn for a long time. I recently acquired my first gun, and took a local NRA Basic Pistol course. Happy to be involved!

I currently have a Browning Buck Mark .22, which I think will be great for learning on, and is fun and easy to shoot. I have also been out clay shooting with friends, and really enjoy that and would like to do that more. Indoor ranges are non-existent in this area, but we have a nice range for clays.

Thanks!

Re: Hello from VA

Thank you all. I look forward to being here, and maybe meeting some of you in the future.
lurker wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:08 pm :welcome: i very much prefer outdoor ranges. weather permitting, of course.
I took my Basic Pistol on an outdoor range. The instructor had his own on his property. Very fun.

:welcome: Howdy From Houston.
I have found, at least around here, that the main difference between indoor and outdoor ranges is cost. Outdoor ranges average $20 for all day access. However, they charge $5 per gun after the first. Indoor ranges are in the neighborhood of $15 an hour, they will let you stay longer if they are not busy. Bonus, you can bring as much as you can carry and believe me, I can carry a lot. Of course the other difference is distance. If you want to reach out farther than 25 yards, then you have one choice. Also, as mentioned, weather. Summertime in Houston is HOT, HUMID, and just plain repressive. I enjoy A/C. I am waiting for indoor Skeet.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Welcome VAlley, from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle