Salutations from Iowa

Greetings, folks.

I'm quite glad I found this place. I'm getting back into shooting and reloading after an unplanned hiatus, and after logging into an old favorite site that has since, well, drifted over the last few years, it's nice to have found a haven of like-minded folks. Challenging one's perspective is good and all that, but pulling one's hair out in disbelieving frustration is not quite so healthy.

I look forward to getting a better look around when I've got more free time on my hands.

Cheers!

Re: Salutations from Iowa

ARC1107 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:25 pm From one Iowa member to another, Welcome!

I'm glad my state is finally getting some representation
Same here. It's easy for us to get lost in all the corn. Solidarity is a good thing to find.
kronkmusic wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:46 pm Welcome from sunny South Florida!

So, whatchya like to shoot?
I've got an AR-15 and an HK USP 40. I pulled out all my reloading gear yesterday. It sat unused for too many years while the Army reserves thoroughly ruined the fun of range days for me. I've got some .223 brass tumbling right now. Feels good to be starting the hobby again. I'm currently trying to find a range relatively close to me to go poke at paper and steel out to 300 yards. Two gun or three gun comps sound fun, but I imagine I'd have to travel a fair bit to find a match. This coming fall I might entertain getting back in to hunting. I've got a bow around here somewhere...

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

May you be blessed with free time, a paid internet connection, and sufficient commas. And you may have a bow. Sweet.

Welcome from northern California where Easy Rider Rifle Racks with rifles in 'em are illegal.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Greetings and hallucinations from a proud Oregonian and Iowa State grad. (Yes, there's Astroturf on Jack Trice field so the cheerleaders won't graze.)

WELCOME FROM OREGON.jpg
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".