Re: Hola friends

PilotGuy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:02 pm
lurker wrote:
PilotGuy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:26 pm Navy dude. You can figure out the profession from the username. Living in the Midwest now
evasive. i like this guy.
I mean, it is the internet...
that's fine. could you get any further from the ocean?
you NEED a 1911.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

PilotGuy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:28 pm
wings wrote:o/

Evasive maneuvers. Nice. Username checks out.

Is it safe to assume that you enjoy shooting the M61 Vulcan?
I’m old but not that old
I thought the Vulcan was still in production.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

senorgrand wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:58 pm My father and father-in-law served in the Navy. One survived three helicopter crashes. The other served in Vietnam. All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia. ;)
Its always Sunny in Philadelphia!
Welcome PilotGuy!
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

Hola friends

wings wrote:It dates back to the F-100, but flew standard on F-14, F-15, F-16, F/A-18, and F-22. From the standpoint of age, I thought it was a safe bet. :(
I’m not a fighter dude, but I was mistaken thinking that they were out of production.

What'd ya fly?
I ask as my almost son-in-law, aka 'daughter's former beloved', after completing a tour with the Marine Corps Reserves (Sergeant) to pay for and graduate college, enlisted again, this time in the Navy, attended OTC in Rhode Island, where he qualified for aviation, and is now a Naval Aviator flying something with teeth. Lots of teeth.

I enjoyed the benefit of his teaching me to accurately shoot a rifle.
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

PilotGuy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:30 pm
wings wrote:It dates back to the F-100, but flew standard on F-14, F-15, F-16, F/A-18, and F-22. From the standpoint of age, I thought it was a safe bet. :(
I’m not a fighter dude, but I was mistaken thinking that they were out of production.
Welcome!

Real pilots fly Orions.

Seriously, you shoot handguns? Rifles? Scatterguns? Inquiring minds want to know....
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

lurker wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:41 pm enough of this coyness.LUGO1584.JPGfree brownie point if you can tell what rifle is missing from the sequence.
Where's the SKS? Didn't you have a poly "milsurp", too?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 pm
lurker wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:41 pm enough of this coyness.LUGO1584.JPGfree brownie point if you can tell what rifle is missing from the sequence.
Where's the SKS? Didn't you have a poly "milsurp", too?
yes, poly is in there. and yes, i have 2 chinese rifles
PilotGuy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:49 pm Are you including the M-16 and the M4 as one weapon system?
I don’t think I saw Thompson machine gun in there either
yes, both stoner AR types, 556, direct impingement, bla bla.
and no, no tommy gun. rifles.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?