Re: Do we have a classifieds section?

shinzen wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:44 pm Yeah, paid membership. We had a large troll invasion a couple of years ago now and a chunk of the forums is locked to anyone but paid members at this point.
Any level? I'm too much of a recluse and anti-social person (and cheapskate) to actually join things officially, but maybe I can risk it to sell to a like-minded person - assuming there's enough of an audience in CO as I don't want to deal with shipping a firearm.

Any level qualifies yes. As to a large enough audience in Colorado, I certainly can't promise that you'll sell it here- if that was your only criteria for joining up, you might want to try armslist or something instead?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:04 pm Any level qualifies yes. As to a large enough audience in Colorado, I certainly can't promise that you'll sell it here- if that was your only criteria for joining up, you might want to try armslist or something instead?
IIRC Armslist is no longer free either.

As a paid member though you also get access to the regional clubs areas where you could make contact with Co folk.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Dogs4Ever wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:53 pm
shinzen wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:44 pm Yeah, paid membership. We had a large troll invasion a couple of years ago now and a chunk of the forums is locked to anyone but paid members at this point.
Any level? I'm too much of a recluse and anti-social person (and cheapskate) to actually join things officially, but maybe I can risk it to sell to a like-minded person - assuming there's enough of an audience in CO as I don't want to deal with shipping a firearm.
You'll fit in perfectly. Worst thing about paying dues is having to deal with PayPal to do it.

Dogs4Ever wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:11 pm
shinzen wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:16 pm Don't have to use paypal- as long as you choose the non-recurring membership option, good to go without a paypal account.
Is there a reason I should be worried about using Paypal or just a general dislike of them or their policies?
Their acceptable use policy...
(j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/u ... leuse-full

I don’t use PayPal when I buy gun parts, guns or membership to this club (may have in the past). They might give you trouble or they might not on the dues.
I don’t think they had this policy when I first started my paypal account.
Last edited by sikacz on Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Dogs4Ever wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:11 pm
shinzen wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:16 pm Don't have to use paypal- as long as you choose the non-recurring membership option, good to go without a paypal account.
Is there a reason I should be worried about using Paypal or just a general dislike of them or their policies?
Some folks just generally dislike paypal as well. That and their gun policy is really it. Since we're not selling firearms, it doesn't impact us directly, and it's the system we inherited for collecting membership dues. Changing would be painful.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou