Another member in Georgia

Hey everyone,

Like Skitz I am in Georgia. Every time I go to a gun store, talk to hunters, or go to the range, I see crazy stuff that I just can't handle any more. I've always been moderate in dealing with people of opposing political viewpoints, but the amount of crazy on their side really has grown in the last 4 or 5 years. It's just pathetic and disturbing, and frankly it's hard to see how it's going to get better any time soon. The right-wing media, social media companies, and the arms industry have found these guys are profitable, and it's clear certain leaders see them as a useful base to support their ambition. I am an NRA member but I will not renew going forward.

I have been hoping to connect with some people who enjoy shooting, hunting, believe in self-defense, but aren't trying to turn the US into a Balkanized war zone.

Re: Another member in Georgia

Thanks everyone! I'm more of a hunter than a shooter, if that makes sense. I've always gone to ranges primarily to stay in tune for hunting and I shoot my hunting rifles more than anything else. And yep, squirrels--the most fun hunting in the eastern US. :) The food is one of the great American traditions--the secret is to cook them long enough until the meat is super tender. Perfect for "comfort food" dishes like Brunswick Stew, potpie, and squirrel and dumplings. :)