Yet another from GA ;)

Hey all! I heard you were finally getting a GA chapter and I am very excited to be here. I saw posts from Gunby, Squirrelhunter, Skitz, K9s and Android127. Looking forward to chatting a bit. I found all this through the subreddit r/liberalgunowners (lots of good info on LGS, ranges etc). So glad to see other people who consider themselves left of center but still believe in 2A and are not single issue voters, etc.

Came to say hello, so HELLO!

Re: Yet another from GA ;)

K9s wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:39 pm Welcome!

What do you shoot? Where have all these Georgians been hiding?
Hey thanks! I shoot handguns, really just getting started. Glock 19, and Sig P365 for EDC, standard stuff.
Trying to get some folks together for range days and such. I go to Main Street Gun and Range in Lilburn, Norcross Gun club, Stoddard's and I really want to check out Quickshot.

stogiefan wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:46 am

Hey thanks! I shoot handguns, really just getting started. Glock 19, and Sig P365 for EDC, standard stuff.
Trying to get some folks together for range days and such. I go to Main Street Gun and Range in Lilburn, Norcross Gun club, Stoddard's and I really want to check out Quickshot.
Also the DNR ranges. Georgia has some great DNR ranges now.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:52 am

Thanks! Yes they are mostly pretty far out from me, but I do want to get out and try one for sure.

I am further away from ATL. I used to frequent Stoddard's when I worked nearby. What are the others like?
stogiefan wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:56 am
sig230 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:52 am

Thanks! Yes they are mostly pretty far out from me, but I do want to get out and try one for sure.
I agree. I've heard great things about the DNR ranges, but they are all far away from ATL. It's a half-day trip rather than just driving to a nearby range after work.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:14 pm
I am further away from ATL. I used to frequent Stoddard's when I worked nearby. What are the others like?
Maint St G&R in Lilburn is ok; small, decent place, fairly diverse, but a few "bubbas".
Norcross GC is small but nice. Seem apolitical.
I liked Stoddard's, VERY nice place.
I am trying to get to Quickshot soon.

I hope they get the GA group going here so we can have an event or two :)

yes, paid membership, then pm an admin with your member # for access.
i lived in georgia in the 90s, may-retta, (drove past the big chicken on the way to work) woodstock, nelson. worked at kennesaw state, liked nelson best, former marble plant town. there as a great little gun shop in canton, mountain city guns, run by an old coot, gerald wilson. sold me a couple of guns. likely deceased now. good memories.
you need a 1911. :whistle:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?