Re: New Forum Style Coming Soon

Clint47 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:15 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:10 pm Did I miss it? How do you get to the LAST post in a thread?
How did you do it before?
There was little button, square, I think, to the right of the last poster's name that's listed in the right column. I'd click on it and KAPOW! I was at her or his post right on the last page!

In re the prev post by keenanmj85--you must have missed that button. I've used it for years.

Also, the Active Topics button is hidden in the drop-down menu until you are IN Active Topics. But you cannot see it anymore when you're in a thread, at the top of the page. That's a change.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Clint47 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:25 pm For me if i click the threat title shown highlighted here it jumps me straight to that most recent post in that thread.

image uploader
I'll try it....I am NOT seeing what you're seeing on the right. Just the name of the last person who posted. I'm using Chrome. Is that why I'm not seeing it?

Oh, wait...when I click on Active Topics I don't see it. When I click on Board Index, I do, and THAT works.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:36 pm

Oh, wait...when I click on Active Topics I don't see it. When I click on Board Index, I do, and THAT works.
Yeah, some things only work when you are in a forum or on the board index- not when you're in unread posts or unanswered posts. Will take a bit of time to get used to how things work with this theme.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Clint47 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:55 am FYI Someone reported "mark all read" was missing. I added that back. You should see it under the hamburger menu below Active Posts
Maybe it's just that I'm becoming an Olde Phart, but I wasn't seeing this function yet.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

BearPaws wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:22 pm
Clint47 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:55 am FYI Someone reported "mark all read" was missing. I added that back. You should see it under the hamburger menu below Active Posts
Maybe it's just that I'm becoming an Olde Phart, but I wasn't seeing this function yet.
What options do you have when you click the hamburger button up top right?

THANK YOU!!
I don’t post much but I do sincerely appreciate the work to keep us updated.
Now all I have to do is remember to pay some dues to truly be a member😳😳!
Thanks again...after we all get used to the changes we will wonder how we did it before.
"But who prays for satan? Who in eighteen hundred years has had the common humanity to pray for the sinner that needed it most?"
-Mark Twain

sikacz wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:08 am Is it possible to get a mark all threads at the top of a section as well? Scrolling to the bottom is a bit tedious on small handheld devices. When the latest topics are all on top.
“Mark forums read” is in the hamburger menu top right of the screen.

Also note there’s an up arrow on the right side of the screen as you scroll. (^) If you click it, you will jump to the top in one shot. No scroll.

Is there an indicator to show if you have replied to a thread?

Also, mark forums read does not turn icons into "read" state. WORKING NOW
Last edited by sig230 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

SamDaniels wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:02 am
Clint47 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:59 am
SamDaniels wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:55 am Not happy with new format at all.
If you have specific feedback I might be able to address it.
The old format was similar to many other forums I use. It was reasonably simple. You could easily go to the forums, click on New Posts, scan what has recently been posted, either respond or not, and move on.
I must admit I'm finding it requires more keystrokes and steps to do things, Some of it is unfamiliarity but some, as I've described earlier is a loss of fuctionality, ie, shortcuts. I'm not used to the appearance, either.