Hello From Minneapolis

Hello everynoe. My name is David. I learned to shoot in the military where I helped run training ranges. I currently don't own any weapons, but decided to join because I want to support an approach to gun safety and ownership that can counter the insanity that is the NRA. I saw the youtube video with Deviant, and after researching the various groups he mentioned decided to join the LGC.

I still occasionally go shoot with friends who are LEOs, but I have resisted becoming more involved in the sport due to the politics often expressed at the range. I am looking forward to seeing what LGC events are like.

Re: Hello From Minneapolis

Kingpatzer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 pm Hello everynoe. My name is David. I learned to shoot in the military where I helped run training ranges. I currently don't own any weapons, but decided to join because I want to support an approach to gun safety and ownership that can counter the insanity that is the NRA. I saw the youtube video with Deviant, and after researching the various groups he mentioned decided to join the LGC.

I still occasionally go shoot with friends who are LEOs, but I have resisted becoming more involved in the sport due to the politics often expressed at the range. I am looking forward to seeing what LGC events are like.
Welcome! I've only been to Minneapolis once but I liked it a lot.

I'm new here as well, but so far everyone here has been really cool!

Kingpatzer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:55 pm
Stiff wrote: We’re a big tent, so expect disagreements on many things
I'm totally fine with disagreement and robust debate, I'm not ok with a lack of civility and failure to respect people who have differing views.
We’re mostly civil here, even to the occasional Trumper troll.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Hi from NJ. I've never been to Minnesota, either, but until the pandemic, my wife flew to Minneapolis all the time since that's where her job is, up until early March last year. Since then it's all WFH here and Zoom-type meetings. Our son did a two-week Spanish immersion camp there in 2019.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

o/
Kingpatzer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:55 pm
Stiff wrote: We’re a big tent, so expect disagreements on many things
I'm totally fine with disagreement and robust debate, I'm not ok with a lack of civility and failure to respect people who have differing views.
No you're not! Resistance is futile. Comply with social norms. Respect is for the weak.

Wait, sorry, I mistook us for some other forum full of gun nuts. Nevermind. As you were.

Greeting from another David, this one in New Jersey. There's an interesting bunch of people in the LGC, I've learned a lot here. Check out the Social Distance Learning series, past ones are posted on the Utube channel. A very inexpensive membership will garner some other perks like the LGC Discord server and some members only sub forums here. Welcome!