Pnw, New member.

Found the liberal gun club looking for a more "inclusive" group.
I grew up in my grandfathers gunshop, in a small town of Mosier Oregon.
I didn't know I grew up liberal, because all of us small town rednecks where.
Over the last 10 or 15 years I've noticed a change in my gun groups that I did not care for in the least. (Besides the weaponsguild forums which are still great)
An additude that didn't feel inclusive, which hurts a bit.
I have gay and transgender nieces and nephews, and family that doesn't fit the mold all together. Not to mention I have quite a blue streak myself
It weighed on me, being part of groups that would willfully and at any opportunity disparage the "type of people" I'm lucky to have close to me.
Anyways, I'm a new lgc member, started with the lowest membership just to check you guys out.
Adam, aka redbanner.

P.s. besides photobucket, what image hosts work for this forums style of posting? I haven't copy pasted image links this way in probably a decade, so I'm out of the loop.

Re: Pnw, New member.

I have never narrowed it down to any one class of firearm.
Did mostly cowboy action stuff in my youth, it was very popular at the time but died off a bit.
Did 3 gun matches for awhile, but messed my leg up pretty bad in a work accident.
I just like building and shooting these days, at my own pace.
Anything from match lock, to folding stock.
I'm just a fan for all internal combustion I guess.

figured the photos out.. but my camera won't even take pics small enough to post, that size restriction needs to be updated or I need to learn the "trick"
Just imagine the coolest, most "operator" level ar picture you have ever seen *right here*
We can talk about how I'm wrong once I figure it out. Lol

No luck with that on mobile, and no way to resize a pic within those parameters, i took em down to 60k and no luck..
it's 3 pixels and dtill wouldnt post lol
I could post an [img] link, but I lose interest half way through that mess. And if I do persevere it posts the picture sideways? Lol oof.
Oh well.
Last edited by RedBanner on Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Connect your phone to a computer using USB and you can fix them up in many different programs.

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Welcome from northern California along the southern edge of the mythical State of Jefferson.

I've found it best to upload pics from my computer to the site. You use the attachments tab and select Add Files.

You'll get full access after ten posts. We luvs us some pics.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Welcome - from southwest ohio. I think you’ll find that this is an inclusive group. I have a very diverse family myself, and I don’t care for the racism & homophobic I’ve seen steadily increasing in the “mainstream” 2A boards.

I used to moderate a local, Ohio 2A group & it became more difficult to keep the topics on task to gun rights & guns and less on white grievance & nationalist tropes - with less & less room for other viewpoints on topics not related to 2A. I got help from the libertarians- but eventually even they went full Trump authoritarian on Reddit. I gave up admin/moderation duties well before Trump’s rise in 2014. But the handwriting was on the wall and they were just waiting for their Mussolini.

However, this board is still full of cantankerous old guys that like to argue/discuss about the minutiae of cast bullets, and obsolete firearms ... so I got right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll add my welcome!

As you no doubt have noticed, this place is populated by (generally) rational folks, with a wide range of interests beyond firearms and the Second Amendment... Glad to have you here!
"...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." ― Article VI, United States Constitution

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

True wings, thank you guys for the welcome.
Of, I have not tried flicker but I do know of it.

It takes me so long to transfer and post pics via a third party that I just crumble half way through.
It's like doing taxes for me haha.
"How long have you been holding that grenade?"

Howdy from southern AZ.

I bet growing up in a gun shop was fun. Lucky you. I bet you prolly shot dang near everything.

As for pics, this is the only forum I ever been in that limits size and typically any phone pic is gonna run 4-500k, least mine are from my S-10 and past phones seem the same. It's a real PITA resizing on your phone (not sure I can even do it) every pic, if you want to keep the quality of your picture you should save an extra one on your pc before you resize. It's like not that much bandwidth these days as compared to like the 90's lol.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Welcome, Adam, from the burgeoning metropolis of Banks. I've added you to the Oregon sub-forum. We're also on Discord and Facebook as well if you do either of those platforms. Glad to have you with us.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".