Re: Attention Amatuer Radio operators

I learned CW back in the '70s while a teenager. Still pretty comfortable at 25 to 30 WPM.

I let my license lapse while in the AF, then got it back in the '90s. I guess I could join the ARRL again if needed.

AA5ET
We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth,
and there is a vast ignorance of science.
James Lovelock

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)

there are repeaters in the San Fran area.
Some of them use the internet to re-transmit somewhere else.

I'm not so sure about the range of 6 meters. Long distance HF requires Ionispheric bounce. So it skips, there are zones you can't get and it varies during the year.
How to Embed a Youtube Video - click here
If you live a long life, it is a testament to your friends' self control.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer

Congrats on getting your ticket I got mine right after they created the no code tech . Haven't been on the air in years but still keep my license current.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

ezmac028 wrote:My understanding is that the 6 meter band is often called the "magic band" because it can have the propagation characteristics of HF and reach international distances. Also, I can use it with my current license...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6-meter_band
Thanks for that info. 6 meters wasn't interesting to me in y2k. Now it looks good.

I think it's a cool idea. I think I may have something that will work that band.
How to Embed a Youtube Video - click here
If you live a long life, it is a testament to your friends' self control.
Join The LGC

Thread Killer