Re: water shelf life and options

shinzen wrote:
senorgrand wrote:
Inquisitor wrote: Anyway, I need to store some water. I was thinking of buying a few filled water cooler bottles. I want to maximize shelf life. Suggestions?
It's fucking water?
Well, I wasn't going to use it for THAT, but....
:laugh:

Algae, molds, etc. It's always fucking water, but it can cause problems if it isn't kept in the right state. Honestly a little regular chlorine in the correct PPM will do the trick with no issues. Also a good filtration system, in case you forget or run out.

One of these will turn swamp water into drinkable water:

https://www.amazon.com/Berkey-Filter-Ce ... B002RZXY5O[/quote]

nice system,

Re: water shelf life and options

I use stackable 5 gallon water cubes (30 gallons in total) filled with bleach treated tap water. I rotate it every six months, which is more often than you really need to. Also, I keep on hand a couple of WaterBobs which I can use to quickly fill up our two bathtubs with stored water. Fortunately, here in Portland we have a gravity fed water system that will keep working without pumps (for the most part:there are some auxiliary pumps around). Even in the event of earthquake severed pipes there would be enough in the pipes to drain the residual into containers (as long as your neighbors don't think of it first: be quick!) Also, we live a short walk from an open reservoir in the large municipal park next to us, so if it comes to it we could shuffle back and forth with buckets. Scoping out your local situation combined with a little creativity will go a long way.