Re: lock pick

I keep thinking about picking up a set of these for fun. To be fair though, the ruger lock you could probably open with a flat bladed screwdriver.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Inquisitor wrote:
shinzen wrote:I keep thinking about picking up a set of these for fun. To be fair though, the ruger lock you could probably open with a flat bladed screwdriver.
Way to prop a guy up :)

It's the only other non combo pad lock I had ;)
Was picking on the lock, not on you ;)

I do dig the fact that it came with the clear lock as well for practice. Got a link?
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

Massdrop has decent sets from time to time. Now my 15 year old is laughing when he sees anyone in a TV show or movie 'picking' a lock. lol
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Yep, possession of picks is not illegal in any state but some have add-on charges in case you were found to have illegally entered a location you were not supposed to be in.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.

Inquisitor wrote:I saw an add for this on Facebook and said what the hell

Turns out I was able to futz open a ruger lock with some effort.

How is your lock picking going? I bought a very good 2--pick set (short hook and pagoda). I've opened 5 of my gun locks, but the other 7 or so are giving me fits.

I think I might invest in one of those clear locks...

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:I saw an add for this on Facebook and said what the hell

Turns out I was able to futz open a ruger lock with some effort.

How is your lock picking going? I bought a very good 2--pick set (short hook and pagoda). I've opened 5 of my gun locks, but the other 7 or so are giving me fits.

I think I might invest in one of those clear locks...
Do it!!! I have ADD and watching the pins is so satisfying. I can pick for hours!
"We are for the freedom of all and for free agreement, which will be there for all when no one has the means to force others, and all are involved in the good running of society."
- E. Malatesta
Neither Democrats, nor Dictators: Anarchists

Hmm...
Guns...
Lockpicks...
Now all you need is a suppressor and a suit.
Agent 47.png
shinzen wrote:I keep thinking about picking up a set of these for fun. To be fair though, the ruger lock you could probably open with a flat bladed screwdriver.
Inquisitor wrote:
Way to prop a guy up :)

It's the only other non combo pad lock I had ;)
Oh my god.

I've thought you guys were the same poster this whole time.
:ras:

Marlin lock: opened about 30 times
Generic gun lock (that apparently is CA approved): opened about 10 times
Ruger lock: twice
Masterlock trigger lock: once
Super-duper boron carbide $25 master lock: once
Cheap piece of crap Chinese gun lock: zero! WTF????

I've only successfully used the short pick like three times. The pagoda can take a couple of minutes or less than 5 seconds.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

That's a dandy tensioner ya have there!

Next you may want to grab a set of "jigglers", supposedly designed for automotive locks, we found them useful for working on padlocks, in particular.

I tried adding a pic but wound up gagging my ancient netbook (almost a half hour ago, took that long to clear up)
Perhaps someone may want to post a pic?

disclaimer: I was employed as facilities maintenance at a 450 room former resort hotel in the Catskills, where I was the resident "lock tender".
(That looks better than "cat burglar" on a resume, eh?) :mrgreen:
https://www.thumbknuckle.beer
https://www.facebook.com/ThumbKnuckleBrewingCo/

:beer2: