Concussion and the management there of...

Not your average zombie prep board. How will you prepare, how will you help?

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

DavidMS
Verified Member
Verified Member

Concussion and the management there of...

Post by DavidMS »

Monday night, I got a mild concussion (electric go-cart racing, first and last time I do that). I felt off but presumed that it was simple motion sickness from the twisty track and when symptoms didn't abate in the morning and writing emails took much more work than the day before, I went to urgent care where I was diagnosed. The key take away is that a concussion does not necessarily mean a loss of consciousness, seeing stars, vomiting, etc. I spent the rest of Tuesday and most of Wednesday (today) resting as I was really sensitive to light and to computer displays. I feel much better now and was out for a bit for a walk but noticed my coordination is off and I get this mild feeling of motion sickness fairly easily. I hope to be back at work for a partial day on Friday. I am posting this here as this is one of the injuries that needs to be watched for. I was told that as long as I am seeing day to day improvement I will keep expanding my activities, once that is no longer happening, I will need to get evaluated.

I am posting this here as its an non obvious injury and in the hopes that others will be better able to recognize it.

lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Concussion and the management there of...

Post by lurker »

get better soon!

DavidMS
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by DavidMS »

Thanks! I plan to get out again tomorrow and hope to be back at work for a partial day on Friday.

YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by YankeeTarheel »

It's kind of like getting your brain bruised and charley-horsed. You don't necessarily pass out but you may have several days of feeling light-headed, of having trouble facing complex problems--it just seems to hurt to think hard. It should get better.
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

highdesert
Carpal Tunnel

Post by highdesert »

Take it slow, listen to your body.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

MaxwellG
Verified Member
Verified Member
Location: In the North-West of the Old World, east of the Sea

Post by MaxwellG »

Take it slow, go easy, rest you'll get better soon.
Humpty Dumpty didn't fall. He was pushed.
We still know where the pitchforks are.
Guns don't kill people, governments do.

DavidMS
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by DavidMS »

Thank you all for your kind words. I am doing vastly better. I get slightly dizzy during rapid head movements but otherwise am back to normal. I will be seeing a physical therapist tomorrow about it.

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Dang, lay off them go-carts! Leav'em to the kids who can fall off a wall, land on their heads and just shake it off. You got no business on a go cart if you are old enough to have an actual drivers license.

Let this be a lesson to ya!
J/K

Get better soon.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi