Re: New ham!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: And as of this evening I am officially KJ7BNH! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'ma gonna have to concentrate on remembering to say "Kilo Juliet seven Bravo November Hotel." After all those year of Public Safety phonetics it wants to come out "King John seven Boy Nora Henry."
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

SwampGrouch wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 am :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: And as of this evening I am officially KJ7BNH! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'ma gonna have to concentrate on remembering to say "Kilo Juliet seven Bravo November Hotel." After all those year of Public Safety phonetics it wants to come out "King John seven Boy Nora Henry."
Blame the LAPD. Damn you 1 Adam 12!
Next step is to decide your sequential call isn’t doing it for you anymore and get a vanity call sign.
If you get into CW you surely will: KJ7BNH is cumbersome to tap out in Morse code.
(Your antenna will be posted on Friday)

SwampGrouch wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 am :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: And as of this evening I am officially KJ7BNH! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Congrats SG! Can you get to the ham section now?

AndyH wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 pm
ErikO wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:58 pm UV-5RA acquired and am scoring in the high 80%'s on practice tests. Should double-test before the end of January. :D
Excellent! Tech and General are a nice pair to do in one sitting.
And both would be $15, too.
In a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich the chicken and cow are involved while the pig is committed.