April 2020 Storms

Some really bad long-track tornadoes around today and into the night. Everyone be safe!
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Attachments
image3[1].png
image_full1[1].png

Re: April 2020 Storms

Stay safe. They came through here Friday and Saturday but events were widely scattered. Just to the west of me they got grapefruit sized hail but we just got mostly lightening and thunder.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

Saw the hail (looked like snow storms) in Texas on the interwebs.

Deadly tornadoes in the South cause 'catastrophic' damage
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/weather/ ... index.html
Tornadoes in Mississippi and Louisiana have caused "catastrophic" damage and at least three deaths after touching down Sunday, emergency officials say.
Tornado threat for metro Atlanta expected overnight
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/sunday-w ... 29qOsjRgK/
The heaviest storms will likely reach the heart of metro Atlanta about 2 or 3 a.m., but when they arrive, they’re expected to bring winds of more than 75 mph and possibly tornadoes.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:21 pm Saw the hail (looked like snow storms) in Texas on the interwebs.

Deadly tornadoes in the South cause 'catastrophic' damage
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/weather/ ... index.html
Tornadoes in Mississippi and Louisiana have caused "catastrophic" damage and at least three deaths after touching down Sunday, emergency officials say.
Tornado threat for metro Atlanta expected overnight
https://www.ajc.com/news/local/sunday-w ... 29qOsjRgK/
The heaviest storms will likely reach the heart of metro Atlanta about 2 or 3 a.m., but when they arrive, they’re expected to bring winds of more than 75 mph and possibly tornadoes.
Put the Big Chicken in the Coop.
jim

our weather in Iowa has been super weird. Monday it was upper 60's, Tuesday was 75, Wednesday almost hit 80, Thursday was back to the 60's, Friday was 50's but rainy, yesterday was the same with some bigger storms last night, and today its in the 40's and supposed to drop to the 20's tonight with a chance of snow.

ARC1107 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:38 pm our weather in Iowa has been super weird. Monday it was upper 60's, Tuesday was 75, Wednesday almost hit 80, Thursday was back to the 60's, Friday was 50's but rainy, yesterday was the same with some bigger storms last night, and today its in the 40's and supposed to drop to the 20's tonight with a chance of snow.
We had that last week in New Jersey...one afternoon I'm lugging jugs of LC and bags of pool salt in shorts and a tee...next morning it's snowing! Then nasty winds for the next 2 days that took down trees and power in 4 counties south of us!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Last week was five days of cold weather and rain, unusual for So Cal but it made up for rain we didn't get in January, February and March. Those strong storms traveled east. It took us from near drought to normal and above in some areas of CA.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Winds and storms were so loud last night, I barely slept. Lost some trees to the high winds but no tornadoes. Long track tornadoes just south and others west of us that didn't make it here. I hope everyone is OK.

26 Killed as Tornadoes, Storms Tear Across the South; 1.3 Million Without Electricity
https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news ... i-arkansas

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Locusts: check
Plague: check
Lice and Flies: check
Hail: check
Darkness: Trump, Ryan, and McConnell

Next up, expect water turning to blood and the killing of firstborn children?

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:51 pm Locusts: check

In a weird type of way my parents and I were talking about this, in this day and age it is going to be hard to figure out the pecking order here. with a lot of the children out of wedlock and that type of thing how do you figure out who was the first born?

My family is a little easier but, like my mom had a son before she married my dad so he would be her first born, when my parents got married their first child was premature and passed within a few days then came myself, then my sister so I would be safe.

But, if a guy gets married 3 different times and has kids all 3 times would they just consider the first child from his first marriage to be a first born or would the first child from each marriage be considered?

I know its a weird thought, just be glad you are only getting a glimpse of what goes on in my mind lol

ARC1107 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:57 pm

In a weird type of way my parents and I were talking about this, in this day and age it is going to be hard to figure out the pecking order here. with a lot of the children out of wedlock and that type of thing how do you figure out who was the first born?

My family is a little easier but, like my mom had a son before she married my dad so he would be her first born, when my parents got married their first child was premature and passed within a few days then came myself, then my sister so I would be safe.

But, if a guy gets married 3 different times and has kids all 3 times would they just consider the first child from his first marriage to be a first born or would the first child from each marriage be considered?

I know its a weird thought, just be glad you are only getting a glimpse of what goes on in my mind lol
Just kill them all and let the God(s) sort it out.
jim

Here in the Tampa Bay area, temperatures have been way above average. The Gulf is already over 80 in surface temp, (about 4 degrees more for this time of year). Hurricanes like 80 plus degrees to strengthen and they are predicting a more active year. Will we be facing hurricanes right after the pandemic? Remember the Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times". Three cheers for boredom
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin
Beto in wisconsin

beto wrote:Here in the Tampa Bay area, temperatures have been way above average. The Gulf is already over 80 in surface temp, (about 4 degrees more for this time of year). Hurricanes like 80 plus degrees to strengthen and they are predicting a more active year. Will we be facing hurricanes right after the pandemic? Remember the Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times". Three cheers for boredom
I'm down in Ft. Lauderdale and I am not looking forward to this hurricane season. Unusually warm ocean temps, unusually conducive weather patterns, with any luck I'll get some good surfing in between dodging 180mph bullets.

sig230 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:10 pm
ARC1107 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Just kill them all and let the God(s) sort it out.
I can agree with that

kronkmusic wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:29 pm
beto wrote:Here in the Tampa Bay area, temperatures have been way above average. The Gulf is already over 80 in surface temp, (about 4 degrees more for this time of year). Hurricanes like 80 plus degrees to strengthen and they are predicting a more active year. Will we be facing hurricanes right after the pandemic? Remember the Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times". Three cheers for boredom
I'm down in Ft. Lauderdale and I am not looking forward to this hurricane season. Unusually warm ocean temps, unusually conducive weather patterns, with any luck I'll get some good surfing in between dodging 180mph bullets.
I've been keeping up with that, too. I think we will get some crazy spring storms because of the warm Gulf. 2020 is just Biblical.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt