Re: My Covid Buddy

Llew wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:28 am "What, doesn't everybody sleep like this?"
- The Pennsyltucky Dangerwiggle, aka Experiment 626

Penny IMG_0114a.jpg
Because it's less comfortable than the "Dead Bug" position?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

cooper wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:32 am That troll doesn't scare me. He just wants you to throw the ball. I hope.
He's totally one of those "Oh, you're a burglar? I'll show you where the sandwiches live." Unless you're a deer, squirrel, or rat, then you're toast. The little one, on the other hand, definitely has Napoleon Syndrome.
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

Here's the beast sitting at attention wearing his colors.

We would go to rallies and protests together. A gentile giant until someone gets in my face. The uniform is retired, for now.

It's amazing how dogs can sense good people from bad people. Maybe it's their smell. If he starts growling and the hair is up on his back that means he's about to make lunch outa someone or something.
Bad guys tend to shy away from me when the beast is there.

He loves him a couple commands. One to two year olds are easy to train. More on the two side.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
the beast 1.jpg

This is our Covid Buddy!
He just keeps getting bigger and longer...he started out as a "Jaws" monster at 10# and is turning into a really great dog--but he's going to be a LOT bigger than we expected! 2 weeks ago he was 51# and isn't even 6 mo old yet!

Not sure I'll ever be a hound fan, preferring big furry dogs, but Kenji is turning, rapidly, into the one exception.

KenjiGrass.jpg
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

He has cool and unusual fur marking, especially his face.
Mine was 115 when we saved him from doggie prison @ 1 year old. They were only feeding him once a day.
I see he likes his Kong toy. Our dog has a larger allowance for toys than I do.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

tonguengroover wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:01 am He has cool and unusual fur marking, especially his face.
Mine was 115 when we saved him from doggie prison @ 1 year old. They were only feeding him once a day.
I see he likes his Kong toy. Our dog has a larger allowance for toys than I do.
Yeah, the Cardassian forehead (NOT "Kardashian"!!!!!) markings. He may will be 100% Red Tick Coon Hound. Or his 50% Walking Tree Coon Hound, 25% Red Tick, 12.5% Beagle, and 12.5% some other kind of hound. We don't know. 2 sibs tested and got those results.

He loved to play with and chase a Kong toy that the other dogs had.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 pm This is our Covid Buddy!
He just keeps getting bigger and longer...he started out as a "Jaws" monster at 10# and is turning into a really great dog--but he's going to be a LOT bigger than we expected! 2 weeks ago he was 51# and isn't even 6 mo old yet!

Not sure I'll ever be a hound fan, preferring big furry dogs, but Kenji is turning, rapidly, into the one exception.

KenjiGrass.jpg
Today was a bad day for him...

Now he's wearing "The Cone of Shame" and will have to for a while.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:19 pm

KenjiGrass.jpg

Oh bummers. The previous owners got my covid buddy "tutored". The humane society prolly would have insisted anyway. Thats part of the adoption process.
Male dogs just don't look right without the furry balls. Shame full.

tonguengroover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:06 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:19 pm

KenjiGrass.jpg

Oh bummers. The previous owners got my covid buddy "tutored". The humane society prolly would have insisted anyway. Thats part of the adoption process.
Male dogs just don't look right without the furry balls. Shame full.
And that's how you get unwanted puppies that either have to be lucky enough find homes when people want pure bred or Cockipoos, Labradoodles, or get euthanized. Also dogs that fight and tear each other up--my dog growing up, a collie-shepherd mix, lost an eye in a fight.

Better to spay/neuter dogs and cats.

True that. Labradoodles haha Mines what they call a Mastador, very sought after. Our dog got Tutored because he became toy possessive and bit his mates ear off. When we got him from the humane society they insisted he be a lone pet. Least a lone dog.
Male dogs don't have puppies. hehehe

tonguengroover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:47 pm True that. Labradoodles haha Mines what they call a Mastador, very sought after. Our dog got Tutored because he became toy possessive and bit his mates ear off. When we got him from the humane society they insisted he be a lone pet. Least a lone dog.
You're being ridiculous. That's like saying fathers can't have sons and daughters.
The dogs live longer and healthier lives when neutered.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:34 pm
tonguengroover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:47 pm True that. Labradoodles haha Mines what they call a Mastador, very sought after. Our dog got Tutored because he became toy possessive and bit his mates ear off. When we got him from the humane society they insisted he be a lone pet. Least a lone dog.
You're being ridiculous. That's like saying fathers can't have sons and daughters.
Then that should apply for all mammals I suppose.

Cut off the hormone supply and they will be nicer doggies. That didn't apply for one of my two male Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Ole Andy dog was a mean MF"er. His brother was bigger so he got an ass whippin. He had the Napoleon Complex I suppose. No one could stare that dog down. Great for home protection.
I guess I'm a little less aggressive since I got a vasectomy. All I told the doc is you better not cut my balls off buddy.

tonguengroover wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:55 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:34 pm
Then that should apply for all mammals I suppose.

Cut off the hormone supply and they will be nicer doggies. That didn't apply for one of my two male Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Ole Andy dog was a mean MF"er. His brother was bigger so he got an ass whippin. He had the Napoleon Complex I suppose. No one could stare that dog down. Great for home protection.
I guess I'm a little less aggressive since I got a vasectomy. All I told the doc is you better not cut my balls off buddy.
Ok.

Well sad to say my covid buddy passed away in his sleep last night at 3 1/2 years old. Not exactly sure why but he was tentatively diagnosed with Valley fever and more than likely bone cancer in his front right wrist/paw which was swollen and had some weird bone growth in it.
He was the best dog ever and had fetch on the brain so it's probably good he died in his sleep because he never could have handled being a cripple.
Not a good way to start your day.
Attachments
clifford 2.jpeg

Well dang, I’m sorry to hear of your loss, TG.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I feel you too, man. My sympathies. My glorious Sally passed in my arms surrounded by my love. Still stings, but that's the way it was. May peace and many toys be upon your dog.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

So sorry to hear that TNG, it's really hard to lose a pet but sounds like a peaceful passing. I've known two people who had Valley Fever, it's a fungal infection named after the CA Central Valley. It doesn't just occur in CA.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan