M67 Yugo 7.62x39?

I was thinking of getting some stripper clips for the SKS, then noticed that 7.62x39 has all but disappeared from the local stores. There are just some high end hunting rounds here and there. So I'm considering ordering some Yugo surplus online and having it delivered. The good is it comes on stripper clips and is roughly the same price. The bad is it's corrosive.

Being a sucker for history, I'd probably end up getting a whole case for the wood box. If not maybe just enough to optimize shipping costs.

Hmmmm?
Brian

Re: M67 Yugo 7.62x39?

I've seriously considered reloading for that caliber but it doesn't pencil out, unless the price of it goes up by a good deal. Now, for something like 8mm, the balance is tipping in favor of that investment, but just barely.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

Re: M67 Yugo 7.62x39?

It's pretty close, and really depends on the price paid for bullets. I keep an eye out for the $.18/each Hornady and PRVI bullets that come up at times, and it's about $.28-$.30 per round. Which is a substantial savings over the good stuff, and much better quality than the cheap stuff.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou