.22 Bubble Weakens (Ammoland)

We are not there yet. WalMart still has a three box limit on .22 Long Rifle sales. This was not a sale, but their regular price.

We are not there yet, but we may be seeing a hint of there from here.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/07/22-bubb ... z4EQ2N3qid
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook
Admittedly, .22's run in handguns, too, but this sub- is as good as another for this news.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: .22 Bubble Weakens (Ammoland)

I can pretty much buy 22 LR easily now. Midway is stocking approximately 53 varieties of rimfire, Cabelas seems to have reasonable availability, as does Gander Mountain and Natchez. I can also buy it in unlimited quantities at my local gun store and at the CoOp. While 22 WMR is still touchy, 22 lr is not. Also fair to say .17 HMR is generally available. Interesting thing for me is seeing all kinds of Federal again (even scored a brick of 22 WMR 40 g from Midway) - Federal was generally very hard to find in the last few years.

I know it is not rimfire, but I also no longer have any issues getting .243, 30/30 35 rem, etc. It is much better and I can get all the .380 and .357 I need.

spara wrote:
TheViking wrote:
spara wrote:
leitmotiv wrote:Can someone post a link to this unicorn? I can't find it priced that low!

Here you go
Your math was off (mine too) - it's 8 cents a round, ~$40 for 500. Still a good price nowadays, though.
LOL, you're right! I got excited because it less than $5 a box!
Yeah, me too. Regardless, it's the cheapest I've seen in a long time.

This is the exact ammo that shoots very well out of my 10/22. With tax it's $42.69, so about 8.5¢ each. That's better than the $8.99 per box of 100 CCI standard velocity at my LGS (before tax).

I was on a self-imposed ban on gun-related items this month. So much for that...
Glad that federal government is boring again.

Uh oh. The LGS newsletter just hit my inbox and it's the exact Aguila high velocity for the exact same price. It must be a national promo. CCI standard velocity is now $7.98 per box of 100.

I got more than enough CCI standard, but I can use a couple more bricks of Aguila.
Glad that federal government is boring again.

TheViking wrote:
spara wrote:
leitmotiv wrote:Can someone post a link to this unicorn? I can't find it priced that low!

Here you go
Your math was off (mine too) - it's 8 cents a round, ~$40 for 500. Still a good price nowadays, though.
Ok, thanks, I thought I was going nuts or my browser was playing tricks on me... :blush:

Even so, they don't ship to this island. Must be because of the mountains. :confused:

A local Ace Hardware has big sign advertising the Aguila "High Velocity 22lr". For $47 plus tax, I had to pass. Haven't seen any 22 at Walmart in forever.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

SGAmmo.com often has Federal 40 gr .22 in 325 round boxes at $.08 a round. They'll email when stuff gets in. I want some 22 rat/snake shot, I keep finding too many copper heads around the house and pool. Got some in 38 but rather use the 22 it's cheaper just can't find it any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjthompson wrote:SGAmmo.com often has Federal 40 gr .22 in 325 round boxes at $.08 a round. They'll email when stuff gets in. I want some 22 rat/snake shot, I keep finding too many copper heads around the house and pool. Got some in 38 but rather use the 22 it's cheaper just can't find it any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw some at Cabela's :-)