New bullets from BAE systems

The two new designs of cartridge, known as the Enhanced Performance (EP) round in 5.56mm and the High Performance (HP) round in 7.62mm, feature new – and, in the HP's case, heavier – bullets. In addition, the HP round switches from single-base propellant powder to double-base, to give the heavier bullet the same flight characteristics as the old one. The EP also discards the age-old NATO SS109 bullet design, which incorporates a steel tip in front of a lead core, for an all-steel bullet, cased in the same gilding metal jacket as before. Its profile is similar, though.

link:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/08/17 ... n_feature/

"Non lead" is interesting to me in California.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: New bullets from BAE systems

Good ol BAE Systems .. I worked for them in 2000, when they bought the Co. I worked for - Watkins-Johnson, makers of Radios for Non-Existent 3 letter Government Agencies... They brought in CSC (Computer Science Corp. a government contractor.. ) and gave their song & dance.
Needless to say, I found another Job, as CSC's idea of Customer Support was have the customer call in a help ticket and maybe the problem would get solved by next week... meanwhile, factory production grinds to a halt for lack of tech-support in a timely manner...

So, I would not shoot their Boolets if they paid me a thousand Dollars per round...

/end Rant...
The more you Learn the Less you Know..
USN, Ret. '63-'85
Sig P226 MK25, Browning A Bolt II .223 Remington
St. Louis, MO/Webster Groves
http://theliberalgunclubinc.memberlodge.org

More on lead-free ammo.
With restrictions in specific states or hunting areas, more hunters are in pursuit of ammunition that is lead-free. Federal is looking to dive into that market with their brand new offering of Lead-Free Power-Shok Copper ammunition.

link:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... ok-copper/

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

OpherGopher wrote:Good ol BAE Systems .. I worked for them in 2000, when they bought the Co. I worked for - Watkins-Johnson, makers of Radios for Non-Existent 3 letter Government Agencies... They brought in CSC (Computer Science Corp. a government contractor.. ) and gave their song & dance.
Needless to say, I found another Job, as CSC's idea of Customer Support was have the customer call in a help ticket and maybe the problem would get solved by next week... meanwhile, factory production grinds to a halt for lack of tech-support in a timely manner...

So, I would not shoot their Boolets if they paid me a thousand Dollars per round...

/end Rant...
Ah, CSC. Yeah, I had "support" from them for about 5 years. They had been barred from Federal contracting by one agency for poor contract performance and then changed their name and waltzed back in. "See? We're different. Our name changed." It worked about as well Blackwater's name change. Horrible company.

I worked around the Fed govt for 10 years in the DC area and CSC had a reputation almost as bad as H. Ross Perot's EDS.
There was one "support" guy we nick-named "KOD Kevin" for Kiss of Death. If Kevin answered the phone, he'd take down the nature of the issue, say "I'll get back to you" and you'd never hear from him again, hence "KOD". It got so we'd just hang up if he answered and try again for the other support guy.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote:reputation almost as bad as H. Ross Perot's EDS.
i worked a 4 month IT contract for EDS (or perot systems, whichever it was that year) in the early 90s. they really, truly sucked. offered me a full-time position and a substantial pay raise in colorado, which i declined. because they were scum.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote:reputation almost as bad as H. Ross Perot's EDS.
i worked a 4 month IT contract for EDS (or perot systems, whichever it was that year) in the early 90s. they really, truly sucked. offered me a full-time position and a substantial pay raise in colorado, which i declined. because they were scum.
I knew far too may people who had horrible, shitty experiences with EDS. It was like selling yourself into slavery, and you were OBLIGATED to take courses that YOU had to pay for! You had to sign promissory notes for them and if you left early, you have to pay them thousands of dollars. And if you worked long enough to pay them off? You'd be working well below your market value! If you compared salaries with another employee doing the same job, even in a bar having a drink after work? You'd be summarily fired! Everything was run from the tight control of Perot's inner circle.

So, when he ran for President in 1992, I had known who and what he was for 10 years and there was NO way I'd vote for him! When campaign workers complained that ALL decisions were made at HQ and they had no input, well it was blatantly obvious to ME that he was following the same M.O. that he used in his super-paternalistic companies.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."