Re: 7mmx58

Marlene wrote:7.7x58, not 7x58 (or 7x57, which is the mauser you got). Also often listed as 7.7 Jap, charmingly.
Marlene has it right. Not too many manufacturers for that caliber;That's why I have ammoseek pinned on the task bar.

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/7.7x58mm
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

As luck would have it, I have recently acquired a 7x57 Mauser, my B7 project. I will be developing loads. I'll sub to what ever thread gets made. Working on the stock as I type--which is hella tough, if you've ever seen my feet.

I came to post Archery bag Kitteh, down in Archery.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

TheViking wrote:Yep, 7.7x58 Arisaka. The bullets are the same as used in the .303 British so those are fairly common, Graf and Buffalo Arms sell the brass.
Hmmm. Maybe. That's how I got my 303 running during an early dry spell.

It's worth the effort. A good cartridge and an excellent rifle. I really enjoy mine.

(yeah, I need much more practice but that's not the rifle's fault.)

Hornady InterLock Bullets 303 Caliber and 7.7mm Japanese (312 Diameter) 174 Grain Round Nose or Hornady InterLock Bullets 303 Caliber and 7.7mm Japanese (312 Diameter) 150 Grain Spire Point are good and reasonably priced. The 174 duplicates the military 175 nicely. 40 gr of IMR-3031 is my prefered load. Not very hot, good accuracy
and good for hunting anything in Wisconsin should I desire.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White

TheViking wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:I have those bullets and that powder. Guess I will get some dies and brass.
I have pretty good load data that came with my Lee dies. I can scan it for you if you want.
Sure :)

Let me find some dies.

Inquisitor wrote:I have those bullets and that powder. Guess I will get some dies and brass.
I have the Lee dies. RCBS makes a set too. Both are roughly the same price at MidwayUSA. Norma brass is on sale, such as it is, right now.

I'll scan the data I have too.
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
Alex White