Re: I did a dumb thing

That is Yugoslav 196 gr. FMJ BT 8mm Mauser made in 1954. 15 rounds/box on stripper clips. Good stuff. I have 300 rounds of it stored away.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

Inquisitor wrote:
JColville wrote:That is Yugoslav 196 gr. FMJ BT 8mm Mauser made in 1954. 15 rounds/box on stripper clips. Good stuff. I have 300 rounds of it stored away.
Ahhhhhh. Wonder where I got it...
Sounds like a reason to buy a rifle!

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
JColville wrote:That is Yugoslav 196 gr. FMJ BT 8mm Mauser made in 1954. 15 rounds/box on stripper clips. Good stuff. I have 300 rounds of it stored away.
I thought Quiz had a K98. That's the ticket. Also it is brass cased/Berdan primed.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

Inquisitor wrote:
sikacz wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
I have 2.
I was so looking forward to reading about your hunt for a new rifle! :beer2:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
sikacz wrote:
Inquisitor wrote:
I have 2.
I was so looking forward to reading about your hunt for a new rifle! :beer2:
RANGE REPORT! :lol:

Inquisitor wrote:I just remembered it came with the k98.
:roflmao: I'm glad I'm not the only one having "senior moments"

My Czech and Yugo Mausers shoot that stuff with no problem. My Turk is a different story; a light strike failed to fire and the case separated from the bullet when I ejected the round. I haven't slugged the barrel but I'll wager dollars to donuts that it was meant for the 147g projectiles.