Re: California's standard-capacity mag ban challenged

featureless wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:22 pm Lol. Now the state is saying maybe there aren't many people buying these things in their response to why a stay shouldn't be issued. Fucking clowns I'm associated with by party.
:lol: Just reading it.
Plaintiffs offer no evidence that there are any Californians who have either ordered or are currently in possession of LCMs in reliance on the Court’s ruling.
To the contrary, an immediate stay is necessary to prevent
further irreparable harm to the State and to avoid potential harm to individuals acting in reliance on the Judgment before the request for a full stay is considered.
And what is the irreparable harm to the state?
Nothing prevents this Court from fashioning appropriate interim relief for persons who take possession of LCMs purchased between the issuance of the Judgment and an order staying the effect of that Judgment, if there are any such individuals.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

senorgrand wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:23 am "if"??? OMG, what horse shit.
Yeah, California broke dealer websites and drained national supply of standard capacity magazines in three days. Asshats.

I will say it's nice to see there is acknowledgement that some accommodation needs to be made if there are any such individuals. Plus, it allows a great experiment. With 100s of thousands of standard capacity magazines flooding the state, there will either be 10s of thousands of mass shootings in the next few days proving the state's logic or nothing will happen except a lot of gun owners will be easily identified their grins until the credit card bill arrives, proving the law abiding are just that.

featureless wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:22 pm Lol. Now the state is saying maybe there aren't many people buying these things in their response to why a stay shouldn't be issued. Fucking clowns I'm associated with by party.
Companies Crushed With Heavy Demand For Gun Magazines From California
Most online retailers have resumed the sales of magazines of all sizes to the people of the Golden State. Rainier Arms has seen a significant uptick in traffic with most sales being for the Magpul Gen2 30 round magazine. This increase in internet transactions has even crashed Rainier Arms payment processing server.
“We received such an overwhelming surge of sales over the weekend, it actually crashed our merchant services, the website was fine, but our payment services were so overwhelmed it crashed,” said Aristotle Bartolome of Rainier Arms. “With that said, we closed out a very strong weekend, and even with the chaos, we’re currently 48 hours behind on getting all of the weekend orders caught up and adjusting staffing to better support our customers getting their orders quicker.”
Rainier Arms isn't alone in their increase in sales. Brownells is also reporting an increase in magazines sales to California. They are seeing residents “stocking up” on AR15 magazines as well. Brownells is one of the largest gun retailers on the web.

Gun prohibitionists are unhappy with the ruling.
‘This opinion is not normal’ — Gun control advocates criticize high capacity magazine ruling
Had the shooter had a 10-round magazine, “that little girl would probably be alive today,” Freilich said.

Freilich also voiced concern over Benitez’ citation of colonists rebelling against the British as justification for large-capacity ammunition magazines being allowed in the hands of the public.

“The judge does at times suggest that military style weaponry may be the most protected by the Second Amendment,” he said. “He was citing the ability to make war against the government, which is something I think is absurd and dangerous.”

If the AG doesn't believe people are buying LCM's he should read Calguns threads. Benitez could drag this out even though the AG asked for a decision by April 5th, he could schedule a hearing for oral arguments and take his time giving his decision. Or the AG could petition the 9th for a stay. In the interim sellers restock and continue selling mags. Newsom is out of state until April 10th.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Marlene wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 am I don’t know any CA gun owners besides me who haven’t ordered at least a couple mags.
Godless Hedonists! Baby killers, all!!!

(30 round Glock mags by KCI might be ideal for the Ruger PCC, not that any god-fearing Californian would do such a thing).
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Just reading on one of those "other" sites that Brownells (who didn't even start selling until Monday) has shipped 350k mags already. Put that together with the other guys and I'm guessing we're at a couple million. Of course PSA still hasn't shipped my order from Saturday, but finally found some P-01 Mec Gars in stock.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

shinzen wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:58 am Just reading on one of those "other" sites that Brownells (who didn't even start selling until Monday) has shipped 350k mags already. Put that together with the other guys and I'm guessing we're at a couple million. Of course PSA still hasn't shipped my order from Saturday, but finally found some P-01 Mec Gars in stock.
In addition to Brownells, read a source that said Grab-A-Gun sold 18,000 and Preppers 1800, haven't seen Midway or PSA numbers. A lot of CA money going out of state, it should say something to Newsom, Becerra and CA legislators but they're blind and deaf.

featureless wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:41 pm Not that I'd order anything, but if I had, I'd have used Midway next day air and it most likely would have shipped hours after the order was placed. Too bad I'll never know what it feels like to have a modestly sized package arrive while I'm typing this...

I wouldn't have waited on PSA's slow ass shipping since who knows when or where dust settles on this thing.
Midway is definitely preferred, as they always have their act together. They were also slow to start though. Availability may have played a role as well though.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

highdesert wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:09 pmA lot of CA money going out of state, it should say something to Newsom, Becerra and CA legislators but they're blind and deaf.
To them it says they need to dump more of your money into whatever authorities are going to be responsible for receiving surrendered standard-capacity magazines once the ruling is overturned.

The APP unit is just the kind of money-loser ripe for mission creep. Newsom would have to see the good PR in saving the children from magazines. People who would vote for him would soak that up.

It is funny to see so much glee about mag sales. Reminds me of the feeling when I bought my first AK. :)

If they do overturn it, does that mean people will be returning them for a refund? Personally, I would keep mine in the packages until this is all over and done.

Of course, I say that from a red state. I guess it might not be easy to keep those mags packaged if it had been 20 years.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt