US House Democrats push standard-capacity magazine ban

A ban on the sale of all >10-round magazines, sponsored by Rep. Deutch of Florida and all these people.
H.R.1186 - Keep Americans Safe Act
“(v) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Keep Americans Safe Act.

“(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to—

Re: US House Democrats push standard-capacity magazine ban

The govt reasoning may be flawed, but they are intense and relentless (almost as good as being right), so I made sure I have a couple of 10rd mags for each pistol. We know criminals will be sure to turn in all illegal magazines, and there are probably only a few hundred million magazines to worry about. I certainly know I will sleep better knowing the criminals turned their mags in. Maybe seeing as how we are safer, we can reduce police budgets........
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
- Ronald Reagan

senorgrand wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:21 pm Look, these are weapons war designed only for killing large amounts of people quickly...except when cops carry them, because....reasons?
Because so many can’t hit the target with just a couple of shots. It becomes spray and pray.

I think the LEOs should be required to carry what they did many years ago. A six revolver and a nightstick. I now many retired LEOs that never had to pull the weapon except when training. But they also didn’t go busting into situations like they were Rambo.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.-Huxley
"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." ~ Louis Brandeis,

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee advanced H.R. 1186 on 9/10, along with H.R. 1236 and H.R. 2708.

Democrats pressure Republicans by advancing gun control bills
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Democrats in Congress, looking to heighten their profile on the hot-button issue of gun control, moved forward on Tuesday with new measures aimed at curbing gun violence, after President Donald Trump huddled with Republican leaders.

The Democratic-led House of Representatives Judiciary Committee voted along party lines to approve three measures: a so-called red-flag bill, a ban high-capacity ammunition magazines for consideration by the full House and legislation to prohibit people convicted of violent hate crime misdemeanors from possessing firearms.

The legislation, which will now be considered by the full House, comes more than a month after gun safety surged back to the forefront of U.S. public debate in the wake of back-to-back mass shootings in Texas and Ohio.