Re: Connecticut legislators pass storage requirements, 3D-printed firearm ban

DispositionMatrix wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 am...
One would ban so-called "ghost guns,” which are weapons made with 3D printers.
I'm feeling too lazy to look up a law from 3000 miles away, but I do know a recently passed WA law was touted in the press as doing the same thing, except when you get down to the nitty gritty, what it bans is undetectable firearms (like Federal law has for ages, so no change except for that undetectable firearms are now illegaler) and untraceable (no serial no. affixed by a Federally licensed manufacturer) IF you intend to sell the untraceable firearm -- making guns with the intent to sell is also a Federal crime (without a license) so again, this just made something illegaler without actually impacting the ability to make DIY guns for personal use.

The one part about WA's law that is disturbing is that it outlaws aiding, abetting, assisting and some other synonyms, a prohibited person from making a gun and if you don't run a background check on whoever you help, you are basically screwed. My question: is a youtube video on how to do X, aiding, abetting, assisting etc.? If so, this is a prior restraint on speech.

NOTE-1: This section will also probably impact 80% parts such that sellers will be doing BG checks.
NOTE-2: Ghost guns can be made with a vice, hacksaw, and a file (or a CNC machine), but I quibble.

Re: Connecticut legislators pass storage requirements, 3D-printed firearm ban

Gov. Lamont signs three gun control bills, including Ethan’s Law
Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont signed three bills Monday that tighten gun control, including Ethan’s Law, which calls for the safe storage of firearms in households where children are present.

Lamont also signed a ban on “ghost guns,” which can be assembled at home by purchasing parts online, and a ban on storing unlocked guns in unattended vehicles.

The measures are all aimed at promoting gun safety in the state, and are acts Lamont previously applauded following their approval in the state House of Representatives.