Re: ABC/WaPo poll: majority for UBCs, ERPOs, bans, compulsory surrender; firearm prohibition would reduce mass shootings

Chances are you will not need any of those firearms.
Amen to that! If I weren't Agnostic it's what I'd be praying, but it's what I hope for.

Here's my point: Every step I've expected Trump to take to consolidate power and eventually formally put aside our Constitution he has taken. The ONE thing he's been successful at is ensuring day by day that no one can challenge him, and no one can indict him. He is vindictive, even beyond death. I expect if he had the chance, he'd piss on John McCain's grave.

The only thing that stands in his way is his own bumbling incompetence, but now he has his Roy Cohns, in Barr, in Mnuchin, in Miller, in Cuccinelli. I'm a student of history and, despite his bumbling, Trump is step by step following The Dictator's Path to destroying Democratic Republics, and is aligning himself with leaders who have done so.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

ABC/WaPo poll: majority for UBCs, ERPOs, bans, compulsory surrender; firearm prohibition would reduce mass shootings

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Amen to that! If I weren't Agnostic it's what I'd be praying, but it's what I hope for.

Here's my point: Every step I've expected Trump to take to consolidate power and eventually formally put aside our Constitution he has taken. The ONE thing he's been successful at is ensuring day by day that no one can challenge him, and no one can indict him. He is vindictive, even beyond death. I expect if he had the chance, he'd piss on John McCain's grave.

The only thing that stands in his way is his own bumbling incompetence, but now he has his Roy Cohns, in Barr, in Mnuchin, in Miller, in Cuccinelli. I'm a student of history and, despite his bumbling, Trump is step by step following The Dictator's Path to destroying Democratic Republics, and is aligning himself with leaders who have done so.
Let me help you sleep well tonight. Every thing you feel about Trump, conservatives felt about Obama, so much so that I dare say Trump would never be president today had Obama not taken the country so far to the left.
You want to hear a Conservative fear? Liberal congress persons and Hilary Clinton actually stating that the electoral college be abolished. And before you agree with that, think about the two senators you have, as do the rest of us. And while our two senators per state is not directly related to the electoral college, the premise is the same.

Trump is a loud mouth that tweets too much, but as Bill Maher said (paraphrased) Trump followers know what he is, but they also know he doesn’t do PC. We are fed up with PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: ABC/WaPo poll: majority for UBCs, ERPOs, bans, compulsory surrender; firearm prohibition would reduce mass shootings

Dobe wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote:

Let me help you sleep well tonight. Every thing you feel about Trump, conservatives felt about Obama, so much so that I dare say Trump would never be president today had Obama not taken the country so far to the left.
You want to hear a Conservative fear? Liberal congress persons and Hilary Clinton actually stating that the electoral college be abolished. And before you agree with that, think about the two senators you have, as do the rest of us. And while our two senators per state is not directly related to the electoral college, the premise is the same.

Trump is a loud mouth that tweets too much, but as Bill Maher said (paraphrased) Trump followers know what he is, but they also know he doesn’t do PC. We are fed up with PC.

So far to the left how? Did he endorse workers seizing the means of production? Did he abolish the billionaire class? Did he call for open borders? Did he use his political capital to strengthen unions and tear down corporate monopolies? Did he enact single-payer health care? Did he single-handidly legalize gay marriage on a national level? You'll notice my questions are moving more towards the center. Obama DID NOT take this country far to the left in any fucking stretch of the imagination. He governed as a centrist by ant rational definition of the term. Get a grip dude.

ABC/WaPo poll: majority for UBCs, ERPOs, bans, compulsory surrender; firearm prohibition would reduce mass shootings

kronkmusic wrote:
Dobe wrote:
YankeeTarheel wrote:

So far to the left how? Did he endorse workers seizing the means of production? Did he abolish the billionaire class? Did he call for open borders? Did he use his political capital to strengthen unions and tear down corporate monopolies? Did he enact single-payer health care? Did he single-handidly legalize gay marriage on a national level? You'll notice my questions are moving more towards the center. Obama DID NOT take this country far to the left in any fucking stretch of the imagination. He governed as a centrist by ant rational definition of the term. Get a grip dude.
I stared reading this, and I thought... wow, a dialogue. Then my eyes jumped to the intense “DID NOT” and the “fucking”..., and you lost me.
Not what I was hoping for.

Dobe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:12 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote:

Here's the difference: My views are fact-based, based on actions actually taken by Republicans, by Trump, by positions stated.
The Conservatives' views on Obama and Clinton are/were based on lies (like Obama born in Kenya), exaggerations, fear-mongering crackpot theories, and a desire to muddy facts and news with fake stories to confuse people. There was NOTHING similar to the PizzaGate lie. There was nothing similar to the Breitbart dirty tricks stunts. The Uranium 1 scandal was a deliberate distortion of the facts, Outright LIES were perpetrated to make it look like Clinton sold influence to the Russians, when we know Trump did.
There was the attempt to a) paint the Steele Dossier as a Democratic initiative--Republicans against Trump started it first, then b) the claim that it was entirely false, when, in fact the only part that has NOT been confirmed is---the P-tape. There are at least 100 different connections between Trump and Russia prior to the election. There is one faked one to ukraine for Clinton.

There is no equivalence. Your position is based on "alternative facts" and, no, that doesn't help me sleep better. It saddens me that an intelligent person like yourself can drink the Kool-Aid (which, if you know your history, was actually poisoned Flavor-Aide, a competitor).
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

YankeeTarheel wrote:
Dobe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:12 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote:

Here's the difference: My views are fact-based, based on actions actually taken by Republicans, by Trump, by positions stated.
The Conservatives' views on Obama and Clinton are/were based on lies (like Obama born in Kenya), exaggerations, fear-mongering crackpot theories, and a desire to muddy facts and news with fake stories to confuse people. There was NOTHING similar to the PizzaGate lie. There was nothing similar to the Breitbart dirty tricks stunts. The Uranium 1 scandal was a deliberate distortion of the facts, Outright LIES were perpetrated to make it look like Clinton sold influence to the Russians, when we know Trump did.
There was the attempt to a) paint the Steele Dossier as a Democratic initiative--Republicans against Trump started it first, then b) the claim that it was entirely false, when, in fact the only part that has NOT been confirmed is---the P-tape. There are at least 100 different connections between Trump and Russia prior to the election. There is one faked one to ukraine for Clinton.

There is no equivalence. Your position is based on "alternative facts" and, no, that doesn't help me sleep better. It saddens me that an intelligent person like yourself can drink the Kool-Aid (which, if you know your history, was actually poisoned Flavor-Aide, a competitor).
Better, but next time don’t assume what I have or haven’t drunk, and leave out any and all ad hominem remarks.

Quick response, and I’m off to the gym:
The Muller report (which Muller himself apparently didnt’ read) - no collusion. I know what you have read. I know you are as disappointed by that finding as I was when the Obama administration wouldn’t prosecute Hillary, because there was “no intent”. No intent to break a law, that’s funny. And the corruption within the DNC with Donna Brazil giving Hillary answers to the questions to the debates. The amount of Super Delegates alone within the Democratic delegates shows that democracy within that party is less than democratic. I would like to go on, but the weights are calling.

I’ll not be able to respond again until late today.

"No collusion" Of course, No pink unicorns either, BECAUSE MUELLER WASN'T LOOKING FOR COLLUSION! (or pink unicorns). See? You drank the Kool-aid.
But over a 1000 prosecutors said there was EASILY enough to prosecute for Obstruction of Justice on at least 10 counts.

And yeah, 12,000 lies, literally thousands of violations of emoluments, 100 connections to Russia, inviting TOP Russians into the Oval Office. Greenland,
Now, he's about to start a war with Iran.

And you're back to the emails which were OK for Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Ivanka Trump, and Jared Kushner. As I said: You drank the Kool-Aid.
Have a good workout! I'm off to get a car inspected (we still do that in NJ).

YankeeTarheel wrote:"No collusion" Of course, No pink unicorns either, BECAUSE MUELLER WASN'T LOOKING FOR COLLUSION! (or pink unicorns). See? You drank the Kool-aid.
But over a 1000 prosecutors said there was EASILY enough to prosecute for Obstruction of Justice on at least 10 counts.

And yeah, 12,000 lies, literally thousands of violations of emoluments, 100 connections to Russia, inviting TOP Russians into the Oval Office. Greenland,

And you're back to the emails which were OK for Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Ivanka Trump, and Jared Kushner. As I said: You drank the Kool-Aid.
I’ll give you a quickie in between sets.

None of the fore mentioned had their own server. That showed intent. None of the fore mention scrubbed, deleted data, and physically destroyed devices. That showed intent.

Dobe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:48 am
YankeeTarheel wrote:"No collusion" Of course, No pink unicorns either, BECAUSE MUELLER WASN'T LOOKING FOR COLLUSION! (or pink unicorns). See? You drank the Kool-aid.

I’ll give you a quickie in between sets.

None of the fore mentioned had their own server. That showed intent. None of the fore mention scrubbed, deleted data, and physically destroyed devices. That showed intent.

A rule's a rule, a law's a law. You're just making excuses because you hate Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton like I hate Trump (and, no, I don't hate Dubya the way I hate Trump). They all did it. Plus, since her father RAILED about Hillary using her private eMail, Ivanka and Jared knew better, but did it anyway because....they are above the law. That's the problem with "conservatives": Whenever they are caught doing EXACTLY the same thing they've been accusing Liberals of, they always, ALWAYS have some BULLSHIT reason why it's different.

I'll bet a thousand bucks that if Trump loses in November, then RBG dies, MoscowMitch will jamb through a SCOTUS nomination and have some bullshit justification why it's "different" than him blocking the Merrick Garland nomination, waiting for "the will of the people."

You know he will, too. Just more of Republicans saying "it's OK for us, but not OK for Democrats".

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 am Because, I believe that the Liberals are actually apt to protect most (but not all) of our rights, and I believe, no, I can DEMONSTRATE that the Republicans happily attack ALL our other rights and intend and have indicated, that at some point they will take guns away from People of Color, Liberals, Democrats, non-Christians, and anyone else they think could be a threat. ...
I'm not so sure any more. Once upon a time, liberals did seem to care about the bill of rights to a greater extent, but the last 10 years or so have been sort of weird. Examples:

#MeToo -- the notion that unproven accusation is sufficient evidence. No due process, no proportional sentencing, just a virtual death sentence with mere accusation. This is from the Democrat side.

Due process free execution. Obama expanded the GWB policy of due process free detention based on secret legal memos (AKA Gitmo), to include due process free execution based on secret legal memos. Democrats excoriated GWB for the horrific policy. Democrats cheer Obama as Jesus 2.0 even though he made that policy worse.

Deplatforming and cancel culture -- that's more a Democrat thing.

I just get more disillusioned by the day. I don't fit in with many conservatives (atheist, intentionally child free, like the environment and don't want to see it trashed, pro-gay rights, pro-abortion, medicare-for-all, I can comprehend the difference between political systems (like representative democracies and dictatorship) and economic systems (like socialism and capitalism), but man, the modern version of what gets published as the left is not my cup of tea. These people look as authoritarian and dickish as 80s evangelicals.

As for the NRA, I'm pissed because it is acting like a money sink, and rather than investing in pro-2A lawsuits, it is investing in Italian Suits for WLP. The antis must be close to orgasm as they understand that the NRA has been taking the money that was supposed to go to protect the 2A, and squandering it.

Dobe wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:05 pm Thank you. I believe that is a good start.
I’m a member of many different gun forums. It’s almost humorous, in a way. Some of what I have read here is what I have read on the conservative gun forums, but with a conservative twist.

Everyone believes he/she is right. That’s the nature of humanity, isn’t it?

Keep a thick skin -- I'm a member of another group which is politically orientated a bit more what most would expect. The libtard this, socialist (like it's a dirty word) that -- I just let pass me by and I have a perfectly good time there agreeing on somethings and disagreeing on others. I do wish there was a bit less of that divisive rhetoric, not for me because IDGAF, but because if the 2A is made a purely conservative issue, the 2A is doomed because that eliminates half the potential supporters. Personally, I'm for ALL the rights (and the GOP has been pretty bad with some of them, 4A and 5A pop to mind) because I don't want to live under any sort of authoritarian rule, right or left.

awshoot wrote:
Dobe wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:05 pm Thank you. I believe that is a good start.
I’m a member of many different gun forums. It’s almost humorous, in a way. Some of what I have read here is what I have read on the conservative gun forums, but with a conservative twist.

Everyone believes he/she is right. That’s the nature of humanity, isn’t it?

Keep a thick skin -- I'm a member of another group which is politically orientated a bit more what most would expect. The libtard this, socialist (like it's a dirty word) that -- I just let pass me by and I have a perfectly good time there agreeing on somethings and disagreeing on others. I do wish there was a bit less of that divisive rhetoric, not for me because IDGAF, but because if the 2A is made a purely conservative issue, the 2A is doomed because that eliminates half the potential supporters. Personally, I'm for ALL the rights (and the GOP has been pretty bad with some of them, 4A and 5A pop to mind) because I don't want to live under any sort of authoritarian rule, right or left.
Good philosophy, I make my case, let the rebuttals roll in, and don't really care to respond. I know what will be said before it is said. Yet sometimes I feel that I have a little bit better understanding on how liberal gun enthusiast feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To TY: Hillary "we came, we saw, he died (laughs as she contemplates destroying the War Powers Act, one of the few good things to come out of Vietnam which at least tried to get Congress to live up to its war making authority rather than totally cede that to the Executive because doing so makes it easier to get elected)" Clinton deserved to lose and I for one thanked our liberal lefty stars when she did. Had she won, we'd have 30,000 troops in Syria for the last couple years. I didn't vote for Trump, but I sure as hell didn't vote for that bloodthirsty cretin.

To Dobe: Obama was GWB 2.0 if you look at what he DID rather than what he said. He expanded our wars, he let Kathlene Sebelius play the same games with Plan B (even so far as overriding the FDA), he expanded the 4th Amendment destruction we saw accelerate under GWB (though it has its roots in the Drug War (thank you Nixon)), sold us out to the insurance industry, sold us out to Wall Street, opposed an international ban on cluster bombs, actually dropped so many bombs in 2016 we literally ran out. I mentioned due process free execution elsewhere. There was the whole Libya war which I alluded to above. Obama was no lefty.

awshoot wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:11 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 am Because, I believe that the Liberals are actually apt to protect most (but not all) of our rights, and I believe, no, I can DEMONSTRATE that the Republicans happily attack ALL our other rights and intend and have indicated, that at some point they will take guns away from People of Color, Liberals, Democrats, non-Christians, and anyone else they think could be a threat. ...
I'm not so sure any more. Once upon a time, liberals did seem to care about the bill of rights to a greater extent, but the last 10 years or so have been sort of weird. Examples:

#MeToo -- the notion that unproven accusation is sufficient evidence. No due process, no proportional sentencing, just a virtual death sentence with mere accusation. This is from the Democrat side.

Due process free execution. Obama expanded the GWB policy of due process free detention based on secret legal memos (AKA Gitmo), to include due process free execution based on secret legal memos. Democrats excoriated GWB for the horrific policy. Democrats cheer Obama as Jesus 2.0 even though he made that policy worse.

Deplatforming and cancel culture -- that's more a Democrat thing.

I just get more disillusioned by the day. I don't fit in with many conservatives (atheist, intentionally child free, like the environment and don't want to see it trashed, pro-gay rights, pro-abortion, medicare-for-all, I can comprehend the difference between political systems (like representative democracies and dictatorship) and economic systems (like socialism and capitalism), but man, the modern version of what gets published as the left is not my cup of tea. These people look as authoritarian and dickish as 80s evangelicals.

As for the NRA, I'm pissed because it is acting like a money sink, and rather than investing in pro-2A lawsuits, it is investing in Italian Suits for WLP. The antis must be close to orgasm as they understand that the NRA has been taking the money that was supposed to go to protect the 2A, and squandering it.
I understand. But the rights that are challenged by Trump or Republicans is unbelievable.
1A: Freedoms of Religion, speech, press, and congregating have all be VEHEMENTLY attacked by Trump.
2A: Trump has stated that he WILL use "Red Flag" laws against political enemies when he claimed Chris Cuomo (brother of the Governor of NY) is "crazy" and should be denied his RKBA.
3A: While there's been no direct attack on quartering troops in private homes, we know that Trump tried to use Eminent Domain to steal a woman's home for a parking lot for his (now defunct) casino.
4A: The right to privacy is totally violated by Trump, ICE, including deporting American Citizens without due process.
5A: Trump has openly said "if you plead The Fifth, you're guilty". He's all for locking people up without due process and is even deporting people in the Armed Services. He wants people being arrested to be beaten up by police because, if they are arrested, they MUST be guilty.
6A: Trump is trampling the right to a fair trial, trying to influence judges for his pals and against his enemies, and is preventing people from calling witnesses. He has demanded that the Central Park 5 STILL be executed despite being exonerated, and the actual criminal caught and convicted
7A: While not directly challenging 7A, Trump is and always has challenged the whole structure of Civil Law solely for his own benefit.
8A: Trump wants to put political enemies in jail. He wants people who oppose him to be convicted of treason and executed.
9A: The GOP has FURIOUSLY fought the right of privacy for women, while defending the "right" of corporations to be treated as persons. This totally contradicts Scalia's "Originalism" where the Founders intended that we HAVE rights that aren't yet spelled out.
10A: States' Rights don't exist for Blue States according to the GOP regarding Abortion, gun control, or environment, but only for Red states for voter suppression, incorporating religion into government, etc.
(11A: Nobody understands 11A except lawyers)
12A: Trump was against it before he was for it--because without it he wouldn't be President.
13A: Trump treats foreign workers as slaves. When Polish workers complained he wasn't paying them (he wasn't ) he threatened them with deportation.
14A: We KNOW that many Republicans, including Lindsey Graham, and, more lately, Trump, want to get rid of birthright citizenship.
15A: Right to vote--do I need to explain?
16A: Trump and most of the super-rich, going back to Reagan, believe rich people shouldn't have to pay taxes.
17A: A number of Republicans were looking to repeal thinking it would give them an impenetrable lock on the Senate.
(18A: Prohibition)
19A: Votes for Women--when you attacking voting right, particularly for Black Women, the backbone of the Democrats, you're attacking the 19th
(20A: Not challenged)
(21A: Repealed 18A)
22A: Presidential term limit. Both Bush '43 and Trump have attacked it. Bush said it would be fun to be dictator, Trump has openly said he wants to be President-For-Life
23A: Republicans HATE that DC has 3 EVs and would love to end that because they always vote D
24A: Poll Tax--There are so many ways in voter restrictions that Republicans are bringing back poll taxes The people of Florida voted overwhelmingly to give felons who completed their sentence back their right to vote--but the GOP leaders won't do it until they pay the costs of their prosecution--a GIANT poll tax!
25A: Trump went APOPLECTIC that there was even a JOKE to consider Section 4.
26A: Republicans have tried to keep university students from registering in the districts they go to school in.
27A: When have they BOTHERED to follow this one?

Then, of course, Trump has attacked both Article I (Congress) and Article III (Judiciary) as well as Habeas Corpus.

NOTHING any Democrat has ever done even comes close by 2 orders of magnitude to these attacks by Republicans and Trump. Nothing.

Marlene wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:09 am If you want a wrong answer to any question or problem, polling Americans people is a great way to start.
We kinda all suck!

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that"
-George Carlin
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Buck13 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:20 am Maybe time to stop feeding that dumb troll, ya'all?
Hmmm. Who's the troll, IYHO? TM doesn't stand for trolls, bans them.
Maybe I'm just thick but I merely see difficult characters, not trolls.