Maryland state Democrats' storage requirement bill

"... being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

A place to discuss regulation, proposed or enacted.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Maryland state Democrats' storage requirement bill

Post by DispositionMatrix »

HB636: Public Safety - Access to Firearms - Storage Requirements
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/L ... ils/HB0636
Altering a certain prohibition to prohibit a person from storing or leaving a loaded or unloaded firearm in a location where a minor could gain access to the firearm; repealing a certain exception to the prohibition; prohibiting a person from storing or leaving a loaded or unloaded firearm in a location where an unsupervised minor could gain access to the firearm and an unsupervised minor does gain access to the firearm; etc.

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Re: Maryland state Democrats' storage requirement bill

Post by DispositionMatrix »

And SB646.
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/L ... ?ys=2020RS
Altering a certain prohibition to prohibit a person from storing or leaving a loaded or unloaded firearm in a location where a minor could gain access to the firearm; repealing a certain exception to the prohibition; prohibiting a person from storing or leaving a loaded or unloaded firearm in a location where an unsupervised minor could gain access to the firearm and an unsupervised minor does gain access to the firearm; etc.

sig230
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Maryland state Democrats' storage requirement bill

Post by sig230 »

Grew up in the Baltimore area and I cannot remember going into someones house where there were not guns. In town they were usually in the den or living room; sometimes in a glass front cabinet with a lock (the key always on top of the cabinet) but more often in an open rack. In the counties (Baltimore City is not In Baltimore County) it was most often a loaded shotgun by the rear screen door or in the window rack of the pickup parked with the windows rolled down and probably the keys in the ignition.

I understand this may be news to folk since the streets ran red with blood and it's very possible I am the only one who made it out alive.
To be vintage it must be older than me!

From Deep South Texas