"NYC Councilman Wants To Arm Bodega Workers After Recent Murders"

"... being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

A place to discuss regulation, proposed or enacted.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

"NYC Councilman Wants To Arm Bodega Workers After Recent Murders"

Post by DispositionMatrix »

NYC Councilman Wants To Arm Bodega Workers After Recent Murders
Several groups, including the Yemeni American Merchants Association, called for the city to install "panic buttons" inside bodegas, allowing workers to quickly summon police during an emergency. But Rodriguez went a step further in his remarks.

"I also call for the city of New York to explore the possibility of allowing deli and bodega owners to go through the process to get a permit to have a weapon, too," he said.

"I believe the owners of these establishments, they should be allowed to apply and be able to have arms," Rodriguez continued, citing an "epidemic" of violence against deli clerks.
Good luck with that.

Resume
Been around awhile

Re: "NYC Councilman Wants To Arm Bodega Workers After Recent Murders"

Post by Resume »

"I believe the owners of these establishments, they should be allowed to apply and be able to have arms," Rodriguez continued, citing an "epidemic" of violence against deli clerks.
Maybe they'll allow the clerks to spit on the offender's sandwich.

That they have to plead for the right to defend themselves illustrates the importance of fighting against any further erosion.

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by kronkmusic »

A business partner of mine got offered a coveted NYC CCW License by the NYPD sometime in the late 80s/early 90s when he ran one of the most successful studios in Manhattan. They tried taking him to the range and showing him how to use a revolver, but he wasn't into it and turned down the offer. I don't think he understood how rare those are, not being a gun guy he wouldn't have cared either way, but I almost wanted to slap him when he said he turned it down, especially after hearing that the NYPD went out of their way to try to give him one. I know people in NYC that would give their left nut for one of the licenses.

K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by K9s »

I don't know the laws in NYC, but I assumed it was pro-business enough to allow armed workers.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

bearjew

Post by bearjew »

NYC already allows business premise licenses. The issue with them is that the gun has to be stored there, so you cannot take it home. That is my understanding of it.

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

There is an old thread from a forum member, IronPatriot, who spent several months trying to get a permit to carry in NYC. He bailed or was run off before updating us on what ultimately happened. Within that thread was some discussion of the different license types.

NYC Handgun Permit Applications Backed-Up 8 Months

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Tuesday.
Suspect Arrested in Fatal Shooting of Deli Worker Killed Over Cigarette Dispute
A female customer walked into the deli on the corner of White Plains Road and East 216th Street on Tuesday and demanded the clerk sell her a loose cigarette. When he repeatedly refused to do so, she became irate and threatened to "get her man" then return.
The witness said a man showed up shortly after and coldly told the 20-year-old clerk "You're gonna be dead." He then fired multiple times, striking the worker in the face first, then in the back, according to the witness.

"After they killed him, they took the cigarettes, couple cartons, and they took money," the witness, who did not wish to be identified, said.