Some Massachusetts towns cease processing LTC/FID applications/renewals

LTC-holders in several towns have been notified. Some towns have claimed the state is no longer doing its part of the processing.
  • Waltham
  • Franklin
  • Medford
  • Millbury
  • West Newbury
  • Sandwich
  • Dracut
In MA an LTC is a license to possess. An FID is required to own long guns. Getting an LTC already takes longer than the required 40 days. I suppose anyone in a renewal phase who is going to end up expired needs to make arrangements to surrender his/her firearms to the authorities.

Re: Some Massachusetts towns cease processing LTC/FID applications/renewals

DispositionMatrix wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:42 pm
kronkmusic wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:03 am Is there a source somewhere for this? Not that I don't believe you, I'd just love to read more about it.
Firearm forum for my region. Members awaiting processing are reporting in.
Ah okay.

Funny enough, down here in Florida we got a Democrat for Commissioner of Agriculture, that's the department that handles CCW licenses for the state. Under the last guy, Republican Adam Putnam, it was taking every last bit of 90 days to got approved. Now under Democrat Nicky Freid it's averaging 10-14 days. Nobody saw that one coming, but we should just expect Republicans to be really terrible at their jobs.

I'll keep watching this story though, that's nuts that people would have to forfeit their firearms because a government office is simply refusing to do its job.