NRA: "It slipped our minds..."

An embarrassed National Rifle Association says it totally forgot to do the one thing it has been saying for years it is solely there to do.

“Our whole reason for lobbying for looser gun laws and amassing huge personal arsenals of weapons these past years was so that we could ensure the security of a free state and protect the people from an oppressive government. And then it actually happened, and the whole rising up against a tyrannical government thing just totally slipped our minds, which is a little embarrassing,” a sheepish NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said.

He said the morale around the NRA has been pretty low. “The guys feel pretty silly. We had our well regulated militia stocked up and ready to go, just waiting for the moment when the Government would turn on its own people. And then the government started shooting protesters and rolling tanks down the street, and we were like ‘guys this is the one we’ve been talking about, let’s go!’. But then something else came up and we forgot to do it. Damnit!”.

Observers were shocked that the NRA had missed their opportunity to defend their country. “I can’t believe it,” one analyst said. “It’s almost as if they weren’t worried about the government at all. It’s as if they were actually just scared of black people”.
https://www.theshovel.com.au/2020/06/04 ... overnment/

Snopes has not yet seen this. What say you?

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: NRA: "It slipped our minds..."

In real life I'm seeing some Grade-A Whargarbl from NRA types about how liberals in big cities have derided them so they are turning a deaf ear to the trouble.

It's usually the same crowd that exclaims that C19 is a problem in places with Democratic leadership.

They are as morally bankrupt as ever.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

I love the fact that the "Texas Freedom Force" was standing in front of the Alamo with confederate patches despite the German immigrants living in Comfort were opposing secession and Slavery and in comfort a town founded on principals of free thought and abolitionism those good ol boys killed like 40 people. WAAAAY to be for the "right of states". Way to be pro freedom guys. Gland I found this group I love guns and HATE the NRA. :newhere:

Surely these actions by law enforcement officers are what NRA head Wayne LaPierre warned about when he wrote in a 1995 fundraising letter that a recently signed assault weapons ban would give “jack-booted government thugs more power to take away our constitutional rights, break in our doors, destroy our property, and even injure or kill us,” right? After all, that was the NRA’s biggest fear during the Obama administration, when the group turned the former president into a liberal bogeyman, incessantly fundraising on the notion that his administration would ban all firearms. And even before that, the group capitalized off of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, making misleading claims that the New Orleans mayor had declared martial law and that police were disarming law-abiding gun owners to help crack down on looters. So surely the nation’s oldest gun rights organization, which has a sordid history of stoking fear among its base that Big Government is going to come and take away rights, would have a lot to say about these current instances of police crackdowns on peaceful protesters, right?
https://www.motherjones.com/anti-racism ... ald-trump/

What did you all expect?

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Was the “2A protects the 1A” all just lip service by this lily white organization of gun rights? Joe! Say it ain’t so!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi