Democratic Pennsylvania governor laments "private sale loophole" for rifles

https://twitter.com/GovernorTomWolf/sta ... 1393?s=19
Governor Tom Wolf
@GovernorTomWolf

In Pennsylvania, people can legally purchase long guns (like AR-15s) without a background check through a private sale loophole.

Yet, people are in jail for minor marijuana offenses.

Tell your legislators: Legalize PA and close the background check loophole on firearms.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: Democratic Pennsylvania governor laments

[/quote]
Llew wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:05 pm I thought all private sales in PA had to go through an FFL? Or is that only handguns?
IN PA-
Private sales of handguns must go through a licensed dealer, though long guns may be sold privately without the use of a licensed dealer. ... Residents in Pennsylvania may also purchase firearms from gun shows and private individuals.
You are allowed by law to purchase a long gun which includes a rifle or shotgun — without having to go through a background check. But If you wanted to purchase a handgun privately, you would have to go to a FFL dealer to complete the transfer of a firearm.

Re: Democratic Pennsylvania governor laments

Wolf is term limited and he's out next year, I agree with him about pot. His name always reminds me of the other Tom Wolfe the one with an "e", both have/had PhDs. The late Tom Wolfe is author of "The Right Stuff", "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test", "The Bonfire of the Vanities"....
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan