Re: HuffPo on the suppressor bill

Given that the gutless all-GOP government ignored suppressors when they had a chance to pass something, I am giving up on the idea of getting one. I don't want to lose money via bumpfire stock style bans. I could see any future POTUS of any party administratively banning all suppressors for political gain.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Re: HuffPo on the suppressor bill

featureless wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:04 am I would, quite frankly, welcome the ability to legally own a suppressor for my home defense firearm. The fact that I will necessarily destroy my hearing (and likely my family's) if I ever need to defend my family in my home is bullshit. Sure, one could take the time to fuck around with putting on hearing protection, in the dark and under duress, just like one could fuck about with 10 round magazines. Or, the most effective tool could be ready to go to defend your family. Suppressor laws are as egregious as magazine laws. I'm sure that before long, California will have optic laws, because why should a citizen be able to target something in the dark?

Play through the thought exercise of someone kicking in your door at 3 am. How long do you have to get on your ear muffs, find the fiddly volume knob, access you presumably locked up firearm and put on your glasses?
Yup. It's ridiculous that I can't have a suppressor for home defense. I value my hearing, and I also value the hearing of others. Indoor ranges are loud and even outdoors with a mid-caliber rifle, you can lose your hearing real fast if you're not doubling up your hearing protection. It's long overdue, and honestly, the fear of criminal elements using them is WAY overblown. There have been maybe a handful of people using suppressors for crimes in the last few decades, and they aren't that hard to make illegally. If they did what the general public thought they did, every criminal would be making one, but they don't. The conversation starts out on a false premise from the Antis (as usual); that guns are "silent" when a suppressor is attached.