Re: Buying an NFA Item

sikacz wrote:
beaurrr wrote:
Euromutt wrote:
DoctorB wrote:Pierce and King counties won't sign anything.
So I guess an NFA trust is the only way to go, then, unless you can get a city police chief to sign off on the form.
Or, wait until the CLEO signoff requirement goes away, which it will soon. Not sure yet exactly how soon, though.
Has it gone away yet?
Nope. In fact, it's going the opposite direction from the sounds of it.

Inquisitor wrote:I would really like a forum member to post a trust how to :)

Also, this article should be on our main blog :)
Not to oversimplify it, but I called a "Gun Trust" lawyer. I think they just handle it inexpensively. $150.00. This is one of those times when I would just pay for a professional to write it and explain all the details.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

GeorgiaRN wrote:

Not to oversimplify it, but I called a "Gun Trust" lawyer. I think they just handle it inexpensively. $150.00. This is one of those times when I would just pay for a professional to write it and explain all the details.
Some of those guys want $500-600 for an NFA trust. Not sure what the difference is between the $150 ones and the $500 ones, but it might be worthwhile to seriously investigate before signing on the dotted line, as it were.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

beaurrr wrote:
GeorgiaRN wrote:

Some of those guys want $500-600 for an NFA trust. Not sure what the difference is between the $150 ones and the $500 ones, but it might be worthwhile to seriously investigate before signing on the dotted line, as it were.
Silencerco has one for $129.

KVoimakas wrote:
beaurrr wrote:
GeorgiaRN wrote:

Silencerco has one for $129.
The Silencerco one has come under fire from both attorneys and the ATF itself for having numerous errors.

I used https://www.guntrustlawyer.com by David Goldman for my trust. No issues. Goldman partners with a lot of local pro-2A organizations, which often offer a deal, i.e. "sign up with us and get a Goldman gun trust for half price..."