Buying an NFA Item

Discussion related to Suppressors, AOWs, Destructive Devices, and other NFA items

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

KVoimakas
Site Admin

Re: Buying an NFA Item

#26 Post by KVoimakas » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:25 pm

sikacz wrote:
beaurrr wrote:
Euromutt wrote:
DoctorB wrote:Pierce and King counties won't sign anything.
So I guess an NFA trust is the only way to go, then, unless you can get a city police chief to sign off on the form.
Or, wait until the CLEO signoff requirement goes away, which it will soon. Not sure yet exactly how soon, though.
Has it gone away yet?
Nope. In fact, it's going the opposite direction from the sounds of it.
Truth good. Fire bad. Tree pretty.
Educate an anti: open carry where legal.
Coming to you live from the 51st state in the Union: Superior! Who needs Michigan?

GeorgiaRN
Chatty

#27 Post by GeorgiaRN » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Inquisitor wrote:I would really like a forum member to post a trust how to :)

Also, this article should be on our main blog :)
Not to oversimplify it, but I called a "Gun Trust" lawyer. I think they just handle it inexpensively. $150.00. This is one of those times when I would just pay for a professional to write it and explain all the details.
EAT,SLEEP,RANGE,REPEAT

beaurrr
Verified Member
Verified Member

#28 Post by beaurrr » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 pm

GeorgiaRN wrote:

Not to oversimplify it, but I called a "Gun Trust" lawyer. I think they just handle it inexpensively. $150.00. This is one of those times when I would just pay for a professional to write it and explain all the details.
Some of those guys want $500-600 for an NFA trust. Not sure what the difference is between the $150 ones and the $500 ones, but it might be worthwhile to seriously investigate before signing on the dotted line, as it were.
Hell is where:
The British are the chefs
The Swiss are the lovers
The French are the mechanics
The Italians make everything run on time
And the Germans are the police

KVoimakas
Site Admin

#29 Post by KVoimakas » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:57 pm

beaurrr wrote:
GeorgiaRN wrote:

Some of those guys want $500-600 for an NFA trust. Not sure what the difference is between the $150 ones and the $500 ones, but it might be worthwhile to seriously investigate before signing on the dotted line, as it were.
Silencerco has one for $129.
Truth good. Fire bad. Tree pretty.
Educate an anti: open carry where legal.
Coming to you live from the 51st state in the Union: Superior! Who needs Michigan?

pod
Been around awhile

#30 Post by pod » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 pm

KVoimakas wrote:
beaurrr wrote:
GeorgiaRN wrote:

Silencerco has one for $129.
The Silencerco one has come under fire from both attorneys and the ATF itself for having numerous errors.

I used https://www.guntrustlawyer.com by David Goldman for my trust. No issues. Goldman partners with a lot of local pro-2A organizations, which often offer a deal, i.e. "sign up with us and get a Goldman gun trust for half price..."