Best rimfire suppressor?

Hi all,

:newhere:, not sure where to put this so I'll put it here.

I'm looking at buying a rimfire suppressor next month. My local dealer has a YHM Mite in stock for $250, that would be the cheapest and easiest. I hear that the Silencerco Sparrow is a good one too, but I'll have to search out a dealer that has one in stock.

Does anyone have a brand/model that they like? It'd need to be one of the smaller models (1" diameter) to clear the sights on my P22.

FWIW, this is my second suppressor and I have an NFA Trust already :)
"Be weird; pay with cash!" - Dave Ramsey

"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live." - Tom McCall, 30th Governor of Oregon

Re: Best rimfire suppressor?

I chose the SWR Spectre II because of the non-existant FRP, durability, ease of disassembly and noise reduction. SPECS. 1" diameter and -41dB.

SWR customer service is outstanding too, according to the online buzz.

A friend of mine has the Silencerco Sparrow and aside from the FRP the Sparrow does really well, is a quality unit, and is great for disassembly too.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/NF_xsaJ-iyM[/youtu_be]

SWR is a subsidiary of Silencerco, so no doubt CS will be identical for either product. Silencershop.com has the Sparrows for $379.00 when they're in stock; I paid $399 for my Spectre II at Wade's in Bellevue.
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

Before deciding, you need to know if you are going to be shooting wet or dry.

Wet can get messy (especially in rimfire, which can already be messy), so read some first hand experiences before buying. Also, be sure where ever you are shooting is ok with splattering KY jelly all over their range. :shock:

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:Before deciding, you need to know if you are going to be shooting wet or dry.

Wet can get messy (especially in rimfire, which can already be messy), so read some first hand experiences before buying. Also, be sure where ever you are shooting is ok with splattering KY jelly all over their range. :shock:
I like it dry ;-)

"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live." - Tom McCall, 30th Governor of Oregon

Dry is the only way to fly. :happy:

If she works dry then you've got a winner, IMO. The AAC element is in the Spectre and Sparrow class, too. Those are probably the best 3 .22 cans available now.
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

I was able to go "test drive" a few suppressors the other day, looks like a Silencerco Sparrow will be the way to go. Two more paydays and it will be mine (pending ATF approval)!

Yes. I'm going to fill the form out right this time too so it doesn't come back for corrections.

I'm a fan of Silencerco. The AAC people have a persistent reputation for lousy customer service (unless you're the US Army).

I think the only real question is, disassemblable or not? The modern .22 cans are all pretty good.

BTW, water works better than anything as an ablative, but it has no persistence. So if you're talking about first-shot performance, hot water can't be beat. I use synthetic wire-pulling gel from Home Despot for the all-day-at-the-range thing, but a nearby glass of water is all I need when the chickens alert to a predator in the yard. Dip-'n'-go.