Re: A thought experiment

To the O.P.

Why not buy a used S&W Governor or Judge and turn it into an A.O.W.?

I mean a 5 or 6 shot A.O.W. that doesn't have as much recoil as a 12 gauge and can be operated with one hand...not trying to force anyone into anything just sharing my thoughts on the matter of a "practical" A.O.W.

Pfletch83 wrote:To the O.P.

Why not buy a used S&W Governor or Judge and turn it into an A.O.W.?

I mean a 5 or 6 shot A.O.W. that doesn't have as much recoil as a 12 gauge and can be operated with one hand...not trying to force anyone into anything just sharing my thoughts on the matter of a "practical" A.O.W.
How would I turn it into an AOW? The caliber isn't big enough to be considered one.

I've got a .45 Osprey, and it's a constant temptation. If I load down rounds, I can make them ridiculously quiet out of the thing. But you'll have to lose the flashlight under the barrel when the can's mounted. The CT laser should clear it though, right?

I ended up defining two distinct load ranges: not quite enough to unlock the pistol action, and enough to cleanly cycle it. The former category makes my Glocks into bolt-action pistols, but there's still enough oomph out the far end to plow a FMJ through a phone book. And it doesn't sound a thing like a gunshot. The latter category only cuts down the powder charge to about 4 gr. (from 5½ for range-type ammo), so it makes some noise, but much less than an average SD round through the can. Those will make your ears ring unless it's wetted down.

The blowback-action .45 carbine cycles everything and does so flawlessly, even loads that are so light the slug sticks in the barrel. Ask me how I know! :shock: I wouldn't want to make a mistake with it.

The Sebu Shorty is cool as the dickens - until you fire it. Nothankyouverymuch: my wrists are only getting older. I think I'd get an Airsoft version before going for the AOW!

gaucheGlock wrote:I've got a .45 Osprey, and it's a constant temptation. If I load down rounds, I can make them ridiculously quiet out of the thing. But you'll have to lose the flashlight under the barrel when the can's mounted. The CT laser should clear it though, right?

I ended up defining two distinct load ranges: not quite enough to unlock the pistol action, and enough to cleanly cycle it. The former category makes my Glocks into bolt-action pistols, but there's still enough oomph out the far end to plow a FMJ through a phone book. And it doesn't sound a thing like a gunshot. The latter category only cuts down the powder charge to about 4 gr. (from 5½ for range-type ammo), so it makes some noise, but much less than an average SD round through the can. Those will make your ears ring unless it's wetted down.

The blowback-action .45 carbine cycles everything and does so flawlessly, even loads that are so light the slug sticks in the barrel. Ask me how I know! :shock: I wouldn't want to make a mistake with it.

The Sebu Shorty is cool as the dickens - until you fire it. Nothankyouverymuch: my wrists are only getting older. I think I'd get an Airsoft version before going for the AOW!
I've seen pics of an Osprey on a pistol with my APL on it. Looks like it clears. http://www.silencerco.com/products/#/osprey/ Of course, that's a Glock...