Update: Washington State Passed and Signed SBR Bill!!!

Discussion related to Suppressors, AOWs, Destructive Devices, and other NFA items

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

DoctorB
Loquacious
Location: I don't post this much. Someone else is doing this without my knowledge! Really!

Update: Washington State Passed and Signed SBR Bill!!!

#1 Post by DoctorB » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 am

A DEMOCRATIC state senator's bill, SB 5956- has passed the house and senate and the bill is on Governor Inslee's desk. The hearsay has it that he will sign the bill Wednesday.

The utility of a short-barreled rifle which loses energy for every inch lost is something I don't completely understand; but there it is, we might be a few days from joining 40 other states that allow such devices, provided one does the NFA transfer to create or possess the gizmo.

I hope I haven't hexed the thing by mentioning it here. :laugh:

What would you do with a Form 1 or Form 4 SBR stamp?

ETA: Passed! Signed. So there! :clap:
Last edited by DoctorB on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

shinzen
Site Admin

Re: Washington State a couple days from SBR passage April 2n

#2 Post by shinzen » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:37 am

Wow. Very nice. I'd probably wind up with an 11.5 inch barrel on the ar with a can.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SwampGrouch
Carpal Tunnel

#3 Post by SwampGrouch » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:36 am

Injure my wrist.

(Did I ever tell you about the time I had to test-fire a sawed off shotgun? YEOUCH!!!!!)
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

DoctorB
Loquacious
Location: I don't post this much. Someone else is doing this without my knowledge! Really!

#4 Post by DoctorB » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:13 am

I feel bad for laughing.

This particular iteration of short-barreled-ness applies to rifles only. They are not allowing shotguns ("SBS" I guess), possibly in honor of SG's still aching wrist.

The most versatile idea I've heard is to procure/engrave an AR-lower as multi-caliber and then use that as a host receiver for various 300Blk/6.5 Grendel/5.56 uppers.

One could conceivably then use a single can (such as the Silencerco Saker 762) for all of those.

One receiver and one can, to rule them all. Precious!
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

SwampGrouch
Carpal Tunnel

#5 Post by SwampGrouch » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:18 am

DoctorB wrote:IOne receiver and one can, to rule them all. Precious!
Built by Mordor Gunworks, Mount Doom Rainier WA.

"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

shinzen
Site Admin

#6 Post by shinzen » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:23 am

DoctorB wrote:I feel bad for laughing.

This particular iteration of short-barreled-ness applies to rifles only. They are not allowing shotguns ("SBS" I guess), possibly in honor of SG's still aching wrist.

The most versatile idea I've heard is to procure/engrave an AR-lower as multi-caliber and then use that as a host receiver for various 300Blk/6.5 Grendel/5.56 uppers.

One could conceivably then use a single can (such as the Silencerco Saker 762) for all of those.

One receiver and one can, to rule them all. Precious!

Oh now that's interesting. You could even get the quick change kit to swap them out easily. And classic SG.

DoctorB
Loquacious

#7 Post by DoctorB » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:26 am

It looks different without the snow on it. :laugh: And look what's happened to the town of Roy. Business is zoomin'.

SwampGrouch
Carpal Tunnel

#8 Post by SwampGrouch » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 am

DoctorB wrote:It looks different without the snow on it. :laugh: And look what's happened to the town of Roy. Business is zoomin'.
I hear the GOP plans to have orcs in the Nisqually gate shack if they win the next election.

nwguy
Chatty

#9 Post by nwguy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:18 am

Well, thankfully the Heller decision made mention of "armor of defense", which implies some level protection under the 2A. I wonder if Rainier Arms carries Mithril?

I really think a suppressed, scout-type bolt .22 would be something of interest.

DoctorB
Loquacious

#10 Post by DoctorB » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:03 pm

Signed, it's actually happened. Thanks to a Democratic Governor and a Dem Senator. So there. Don't lets have Faux Gnus start covering this.
5956 Signed.jpg
Governor's web page.

nwguy
Chatty

Re: Update: Washington State Passed and Signed SBR Bill!!!

#11 Post by nwguy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 am

Seeing as last year's attempt basically died in some committee, it's very cool to see this signed by Gov. Inslee. Much like the semi-recent changes to suppressor laws here, when you've got that level of federal restriction, prohibition at the state level just doesn't seem reasonable.

Also, :bananadance:

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Update: Washington State Passed and Signed SBR Bill!!!

#12 Post by CDFingers » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:43 am

That's neat.

To me, these two were more important:
2261 Relating to the use of science to support significant agency actions.
2262 Relating to the use of science to support significant agency actions.
But then, I'm not a single issue voter--yet I'm happy that a Democratic governor signed a gun bill. Sweet. I expected the signings of science-related bills by a Dem governor, but I'm surprised and happy about the gun bill.

CDFingers
ImageImage
In spite of all you gained, you still have to stand out in the pouring rain
One last voice is calling you, and I guess it's time you go