Update: Washington State Passed and Signed SBR Bill!!!

A DEMOCRATIC state senator's bill, SB 5956- has passed the house and senate and the bill is on Governor Inslee's desk. The hearsay has it that he will sign the bill Wednesday.

The utility of a short-barreled rifle which loses energy for every inch lost is something I don't completely understand; but there it is, we might be a few days from joining 40 other states that allow such devices, provided one does the NFA transfer to create or possess the gizmo.

I hope I haven't hexed the thing by mentioning it here. :laugh:

What would you do with a Form 1 or Form 4 SBR stamp?

ETA: Passed! Signed. So there! :clap:
Last edited by DoctorB on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

Re: Washington State a couple days from SBR passage April 2n

I feel bad for laughing.

This particular iteration of short-barreled-ness applies to rifles only. They are not allowing shotguns ("SBS" I guess), possibly in honor of SG's still aching wrist.

The most versatile idea I've heard is to procure/engrave an AR-lower as multi-caliber and then use that as a host receiver for various 300Blk/6.5 Grendel/5.56 uppers.

One could conceivably then use a single can (such as the Silencerco Saker 762) for all of those.

One receiver and one can, to rule them all. Precious!
"il corporativismo è la pietra angolare dello Stato fascista" Translated, this means: "boom-shacka-lacka-lacka,-boom-boom-boom.

DoctorB wrote:I feel bad for laughing.

This particular iteration of short-barreled-ness applies to rifles only. They are not allowing shotguns ("SBS" I guess), possibly in honor of SG's still aching wrist.

The most versatile idea I've heard is to procure/engrave an AR-lower as multi-caliber and then use that as a host receiver for various 300Blk/6.5 Grendel/5.56 uppers.

One could conceivably then use a single can (such as the Silencerco Saker 762) for all of those.

One receiver and one can, to rule them all. Precious!

Oh now that's interesting. You could even get the quick change kit to swap them out easily. And classic SG.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

DoctorB wrote:It looks different without the snow on it. :laugh: And look what's happened to the town of Roy. Business is zoomin'.
I hear the GOP plans to have orcs in the Nisqually gate shack if they win the next election.
"There never was a union of church and state which did not bring serious evils to religion."
The Right Reverend John England, first Roman Catholic Bishop of Charleston SC, 1825.

Re: Update: Washington State Passed and Signed SBR Bill!!!

That's neat.

To me, these two were more important:
2261 Relating to the use of science to support significant agency actions.
2262 Relating to the use of science to support significant agency actions.
But then, I'm not a single issue voter--yet I'm happy that a Democratic governor signed a gun bill. Sweet. I expected the signings of science-related bills by a Dem governor, but I'm surprised and happy about the gun bill.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack