Re: Is it worth the wait?

SBRs are great for a lot of applications, especially if you like the .300 blk cartridge. If gets the same muzzle velocity in most SBR lengths vs. a standard 16 inch barrel.

Something to the OP, they make something called one stamp gun which is an SBR with a permanently attached suppressor that will make the overall barrel length over 16 inches. The purpose of this is typically to reduce the number of tax stamps and save $200. There are a few examples that I have see that this works out well but for most applications I haven't thought much of this process but for anyone living in state that allows suppressors but not SBRs, this may be something that you would want to consider to get that SBR/supressor combo you want.

Re: Is it worth the wait?

The LGS where I buy everything Class 3 is also the indoor range I frequent the most. Since they are the holder of the equipment that I am purchasing or modifying, they offer "Conjugal Visits", so it's not like waiting at all. You just don't get to show it off to all your friends right away, unless they "Visit" with you.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.