Dem Sen Kirsten Gillibrand to block Hearing Protection Act

Surprise.
http://www.guns.com/2017/03/14/senator- ... inal-risk/
New York Democrat U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand is vowing to derail measures that would remove suppressors from the requirements of the National Firearms Act.

Allied with prominent gun control advocates and New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio, Gillibrand contends that a move to lighten the Great Depression-era regulations on suppressors would make it easier for criminals to get their hands on such devices.

“Law enforcement already has a hard enough job putting their lives on the line every day to stop gun violence in our communities,” said Gillibrand in a statement. “We can’t make it more dangerous and more difficult by making it easier for criminals to obtain deadly gun silencers. These deadly gun silencers pose a huge risk to our enforcement and our communities and I will do everything I can to stop this ill-thought-out legislation that would allow more criminals to get their hands on these dangerous weapons.”
Suppressor lobby pushing removal of suppressors from NFA
HuffPo on the suppressor bill
Odds of a Hearing Protection Act Actually Happening...
Why the hell do you want a suppressor in the first place?
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Re: Dem Sen Kirsten Gillibrand to block Hearing Protection A

More.

Here Gillibrand takes to Twitter to impart her expertise on how suppressors are used:
https://twitter.com/SenGillibrand/statu ... 1156501504
I'm fighting back against bills (backed by the Trump admin) that'd make it easy for criminals to buy gun silencers.
Can you imagine if we allowed a criminal with a gun in New York City to attach a silencer to their weapon? It'd be a dangerous mistake.
When someone gets shot by a gun with a silencer, it's quiet. Witnesses might not hear. Police will be less likely to track down the shooter.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ