Silencer Shop eForm 1 service online

Discussion related to Suppressors, AOWs, Destructive Devices, and other NFA items

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

DispositionMatrix
Carpal Tunnel

Silencer Shop eForm 1 service online

Post by DispositionMatrix »

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/9wvfi3/
We are currently transmitting the backlog. There's about 500 left, transmitting at a rate of one every few minutes or so. That is as fast as eForms will allow, using multiple simultaneous users.

This is going to be broadcast in the newsletter, etc., tomorrow morning, so we will probably be slammed with orders after about 9:30 AM Central. If you are thinking about submitting soon, or if you were waiting for this announcement, I would do it now before everyone knows about it, as we anticipate thousands of submissions in the coming days. Sorry for the short notice.

If you've used our Form 1 service before, there is no change to your process except that the ATF now requires your Social Security Number.

Tedzilla
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Silencer Shop eForm 1 service online

Post by Tedzilla »

Hopefully Silence Shop got this worked out. Laws are being made faster than ordinary people can comply with them and the last thing we want is not to comply...
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

Tedzilla
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Tedzilla »

So any guesses on how the current C-19 inconvenience/end of the world is going to affect NFA wait times? I'm currently waiting on a muffler to save what's left of my hearing in the event I ever have to use a firearm without hearing protection and I'm hoping I don't die of old age before I get it.

offensivename
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by offensivename »

I'm nearing the 1 month point on a Form 1 I filed, thats been about the normal turnaround. A quick glance at the Form 1 board I sometimes use as a reference looks like the 30 day turnaround on e-forms is still the norm. There are some rumblings that Form 4s (transfers, there are no e-file as yet for those) are actually starting to come through from Dec. to Jan. of last year. Thats a really strange fast turn around, maybe someone got on the ATF folks to actually do some paper based paperwork.

Tedzilla
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Tedzilla »

offensivename wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:47 am
I'm nearing the 1 month point on a Form 1 I filed, thats been about the normal turnaround. A quick glance at the Form 1 board I sometimes use as a reference looks like the 30 day turnaround on e-forms is still the norm. There are some rumblings that Form 4s (transfers, there are no e-file as yet for those) are actually starting to come through from Dec. to Jan. of last year. Thats a really strange fast turn around, maybe someone got on the ATF folks to actually do some paper based paperwork.
" actually starting to come through from Dec. to Jan. of last year."... be still my beating heart! I've E-filed and am hearing 8-15 months wait for ATF approval. I have a paid receipt with serial # for the muffler and the tax stamp is paid as well, hopefully this will come through sooner than later!

offensivename
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by offensivename »

I got my form 1 from 2/20 back about 3 days ago so the ATF folks doing approvals are still at work.

Tedzilla
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Tedzilla »

offensivename wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:47 am
I've got a form 4 in process and I hope during this C-19 mess the ATF has nothing better to do than stay at their desks working on my application... that's how it works right? :roll:

Tedzilla
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Tedzilla »

I got an email from SilencerShop letting me know the application was received by the ATF and the payment for the tax stamp was cashed yesterday. It's taken 3 weeks to get this far. They included this sage advice:

"For many people, the best way to pass the time waiting for their approval is to just forget about it, but we realize that can be hard.

If you do decide to check with the NFA branch for the status of your transfer, you can contact them using the instructions on this page in a few weeks."

Anyone hear any first hand accounts of how long Form 4s are taking?