Suppressor suggestions for CZ Scorpion?

Discussion related to Suppressors, AOWs, Destructive Devices, and other NFA items

Moderators: Inquisitor, admin, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

offensivename
Verified Member
Verified Member

Suppressor suggestions for CZ Scorpion?

#1 Post by offensivename » Sun May 19, 2019 12:22 am

I did what I threatened to do and as soon as I got action range certified at the local range I bought a CZ Scorpion EVO S3 (pistol with the fake can) and now I feel like I need to replace the fake suppressor with a real one. Does anyone have any good suggestions for what to look for for a short barreled (not rifle) 9mm carbine?

FlyGuy
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Suppressor suggestions for CZ Scorpion?

#2 Post by FlyGuy » Sun May 19, 2019 3:17 am

I have a SilencerCo Hybrid that I am able to switch between a few different pistol caliber carbines. The Hybrid is rated for up to .45 ACP and works just dandy on anything I have tried it on under that. It is a little bulky but works just fine. I bought this last July when SilecerCo decided to have a "Buy one, Get one" sale. To their chagrin, the sale went over like a raging fire. I am still waiting for an Octane 9 I order with the sale. They have promised me I will have something by this July. That said, I am looking forward to using that on the Scorpion, as it is slightly less bulky.

To get the full effect of any silencer, you must use sub-sonic ammo. The crack of the bullet hitting the sound barrier is rather loud.

My two cents.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member

#3 Post by kronkmusic » Sun May 19, 2019 11:43 am

Following this thread, been considering going through the hooplah to slap a suppressor on my Ruger PC Carbine when I have a spare grand to scatter to the wind.

offensivename
Verified Member
Verified Member

#4 Post by offensivename » Sun May 19, 2019 12:21 pm

FlyGuy wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:17 am
I have a SilencerCo Hybrid that I am able to switch between a few different pistol caliber carbines. The Hybrid is rated for up to .45 ACP and works just dandy on anything I have tried it on under that. It is a little bulky but works just fine. I bought this last July when SilecerCo decided to have a "Buy one, Get one" sale. To their chagrin, the sale went over like a raging fire. I am still waiting for an Octane 9 I order with the sale. They have promised me I will have something by this July. That said, I am looking forward to using that on the Scorpion, as it is slightly less bulky.

To get the full effect of any silencer, you must use sub-sonic ammo. The crack of the bullet hitting the sound barrier is rather loud.

My two cents.
Does your 45 can fit under the forend? The first thing I'm trying to solve is if I want to get a 45 or a 9mm can. I don't have anything in .45 that has a threaded barrel but that doesn't mean I plan on keeping it that way.

FlyGuy
Verified Member
Verified Member

#5 Post by FlyGuy » Mon May 20, 2019 6:58 am

I don't have an issue with the foregrip. Here is a picture of my build, sadly without the can. I can follow up later with the whole set-up.
Scorpion Evo 3.jpg
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

offensivename
Verified Member
Verified Member

#6 Post by offensivename » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:05 pm

I decided on my suppressor. Since I didn't feel like waiting till the end of time for a Form 4 I just decided to build a Form 1 silencer instead. Just got the approval today and the rest of my parts should be here next week. Going to get my titanium tube engraved next wednesday.

senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member

#7 Post by senorgrand » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:25 pm

Nice!

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.