Like a bunch of grapes

I gave up on trading my Colt M1917 and sold it to a coworker for cash. While we were at the LGS doing the transfer (that's how we roll in the land where everything is golden but the gun laws), I looked over in the case and saw one of the things I would have traded for. A lightly used 4" Smith and Wesson model 625-8. Except for the gold dot on the front blade and Jerry Michulek's initials, it is the same as the current 625-JM. It was even the same price as what I was selling the 1917 for.

While I wait my ten days, I ordered some new grips and finally got myself a Mooncliptool http://mooncliptool.com/ The tool works even better than I expected for both mooning and de-mooning. It doesn't pull my pants down and up, the other kind of mooning. Snapped a bunch of .45 in to little six shot clusters and thought they just looked lovely in a pile.

Something pretty to look at while I wait for my period to end.

Re: Like a bunch of grapes

Fukshot wrote:I gave up on trading my Colt M1917 and sold it to a coworker for cash. While we were at the LGS doing the transfer (that's how we roll in the land where everything is golden but the gun laws), I looked over in the case and saw one of the things I would have traded for. A lightly used 4" Smith and Wesson model 625-8. Except for the gold dot on the front blade and Jerry Michulek's initials, it is the same as the current 625-JM. It was even the same price as what I was selling the 1917 for.

While I wait my ten days, I ordered some new grips and finally got myself a Mooncliptool http://mooncliptool.com/ The tool works even better than I expected for both mooning and de-mooning. It doesn't pull my pants down and up, the other kind of mooning. Snapped a bunch of .45 in to little six shot clusters and thought they just looked lovely in a pile.

Something pretty to look at while I wait for my period to end.
Lovely photo! But can you do me a favor? Rephrase that last sentence, please! :lol:
"It works.........Bitches"

gendoikari87 wrote:Happy for ya, but I don't get the appeal of a revolver in an auto caliber....
The equivalent .45 long Colt is nearly identical in power, but has an overly large case for smokeless powder. Because of the invention of moon clips as an expediency in WWI, there has never been reason to develop a modern rimmed cartridge of similar efficiency except for the .45 autorim.

The shorter cartridge, in a revolver designed for it, allows a shorter cylinder, which has less rotational inertia both at the start and stop of rotation.

Also, as KV already mentioned, moon clips are faster than speedloaders and in the right hands can be faster than the mag in a 1911.

Fukshot wrote:
DukeNukemIncarnate wrote:Lovely photo! But can you do me a favor? Rephrase that last sentence, please! :lol:
My period lasts exactly ten days as mandated by California law. I'm pretty cranky for those ten days too. I try to make sure there is no blood involved.
Baaahaaaa!!!! :lol:

Fukshot wrote:
DukeNukemIncarnate wrote:Lovely photo! But can you do me a favor? Rephrase that last sentence, please! :lol:
My period lasts exactly ten days as mandated by California law. I'm pretty cranky for those ten days too. I try to make sure there is no blood involved.
well at least that's shorter than my ex, her's lasted 31 days exactly.
If I hear "crony" capitalism one more time I'm going to be ill. Capitalism is capitalism, dog eats dog and one dog ends up on top, and he defends that place with all the power he's accumulated.