Re: CZ 75 B, what ammo?

pepys wrote:I got my CZ 75 B!!! I am wondering what would be a good, clean ammo to shoot and recommend grain amount. My local shop has 124g Sellier & Bellot. Would this be suitable for punching paper?
That's probably the ammo the gun was test fired with. The 124gr is the standard. Mine will shoot just about anything. It has so far. I would buy Sellier&Bellot, Fiocchi, PPU, GECO, Aguila and other mostly euro brands. Usually I get better price deals on foreign brands and since it's a European gun why not. Mostly I use 124gr, but it will do fine with 115gr or 148gr.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

That gun will eat anything.

I use Blazer 115/124 and Fiocchi 115, all FMJ. On my competition CZ 75 SP-01 I get light primer strikes more often with Fiocchi than with blazer but I never had any issues before I swapped out a lighter hammer a spring for easier double action trigger pull.

Yeah, it will definitely eat anything. Before I was a reloader I had good experiences with PMC, S&B and Fiocchi- much cleaner than the WWB or any Russian steel cased stuff.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

The CZ-75B I rent at the local range will shoot anything well. At the range they usually sell Fiocchi or Magtech in 115gr. I've put Blazer 115 and 124 FMJ, and Browning 115. No problems. Even the MaxxTech that gives my Ruger 9E heartburn works fine. Keep in mind this is a range gun that gets a lot of use and probably isn't cleaned often and it still has no issues. :thumbup:

Congrats... Welcome to the netherworld of CZ owners. The threshold you just crossed is an unadvertised region of LGC... In fact no one but CZ owners can read this encrypted message. Everyone else will see gibberish about My Little Pony collecting.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote:Congrats... Welcome to the netherworld of CZ owners. The threshold you just crossed is an unadvertised region of LGC... In fact no one but CZ owners can read this encrypted message. Everyone else will see gibberish about My Little Pony collecting.
I went with the pimp pistol version. I shot it and will hang it on the wall.

Like mine too...
:blush:
Which is why I'm warning you save yourself! Turn back now, while you can still see the entrance to the tunnel shrinking away in the distance!
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi