Winchester USA Forged 9mm

I bought 150rd box of these for $28 at Wally World. USA made steel case fmj. The cases don't seem to be lacquered and seemed a bit oxidized right out of the box. Powder seemed dirtier than the Wolf or Bear. Accuracy was decent a 7 yards. This is the only ammo that has ever jammed my Tanfoglio Witness. Three failures to eject out of fifty rounds. In their defense, that gun has probably not been cleaned for a thousand or so. I stripped it when I got home and the chamber was filthy. It's all clean now. :D

No failures out of fifty in the S&W Shield which was probably only five hundred rounds dirty. Also clean now.

I probably won't buy it again. I need to internet order a thousand of something brass cased. Or Russian steel.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Re: Winchester USA Forged 9mm

Mason wrote:I bought 150rd box of these for $28 at Wally World. USA made steel case fmj. The cases don't seem to be lacquered and seemed a bit oxidized right out of the box. Powder seemed dirtier than the Wolf or Bear. Accuracy was decent a 7 yards. This is the only ammo that has ever jammed my Tanfoglio Witness. Three failures to eject out of fifty rounds. In their defense, that gun has probably not been cleaned for a thousand or so. I stripped it when I got home and the chamber was filthy. It's all clean now. :D

No failures out of fifty in the S&W Shield which was probably only five hundred rounds dirty. Also clean now.

I probably won't buy it again. I need to internet order a thousand of something brass cased. Or Russian steel.
Interesting, I just went through a couple 150-count 9mm boxes at the range last weekend. It shot without event, loaded to max capacities in my Glock 19, H&K VP9, and M&P Shield.

For me, clean-up was equal to/better than the usual Remington UMC or Winchester WB that I fire.

It was on sale the day I bought it at BassPro and would most likely buy it again if it was cheaper than UMC/WWB. Not too shabby for just plinkin' ammo.
LGC Texas - Vice President

I've had occasional feed issues with steel cased ammo with a couple of my double stack 9mm pistols in the past. It seems the rounds were hanging up inside mags that had springs that were either very robust and difficult to compress, or mags with soft easy to push down springs. Brass casings did not present any issues in the same mags. I could see that the steel cased rounds had a tendency to hang up against each other near the top of the magazine tube where it tapers. Steel cases are definitely less slippery when rubbed against each other compared to brass. Perhaps that's the source of the problem. Not a huge deal to me for shooting at the range as long as it's accurate and goes bang.

I have stayed away from this ammunition, given that Tim from the Military Arms Channel has had trouble with it on multiple occasions (if my memory serves me correctly). I would stick with Russian ammo if I were going to go with steel cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I have been saying for some time now that America only has one party - the property party. It's the party of big corporations, the party of money. It has two right-wings; one is Democrat and the other is Republican."
-Gore Vidal