Re: Lead Free Ammo

Marlene wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:08 am Regular soap does a pretty good job, but the lead removal soaps are definitely more effective.

Mild acids readily solubilize lead. That’s what has happened in the Flynt water system. Human sweat is often mildly acidic.

My usual range now has lead removal wipes available, which is something I’d like to see more places.
thanks for expanding on the matter, I'm going to go remove bad info from my post.

EDIT: looked up more info on lead acetate, bad stuff. Do not use acidic cleaners around lead.

Wow, a classic LGC let's wander off topic thread, with great information in it, doomed to reside in limbo as the topic has nothing to do with the content. I wonder if there is a way to fix that, maybe a meta tag editable by the mods.

Well, OK, Winchester is the other company to do lead free .22, they have a 26gr made out of tin, which is novel. Thought it was discontinued but Cabelas still has it on the website, sold out but priced about .18/rnd. I've got a box, shoots fine. It's still listed on the Winchester website, along with a .22WMR version. I'm thinking going forward with the CA laws we are going to see more rather than less of this.

I have some 9mm Fiocchi 60gr copper in the closet, which I've had for 5-6 years, and sits there since I pull out the 9mm plastic gun about once every decade or so.
When only cops have guns, it's called a police state.
I carry due to toxic masculinity.......just other people's.

Aside from using lead free now, I also use these wipes. They sell to ranges and have products specifically for shooters.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S ... bw_c_x_1_w

Oh, and Clark Armory specializes in lead free ammo. I have not tried them yet because I am still in the 22lr stage and only CCI sells that. Clark said that they did not stock it because they could not compete with the prices of the bigger retailers on that brand.

https://clarkarmory.com/