My first batch of .357

Reviews and discussion of handgun ammo.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

SpaceRanger42
Verified Member
Verified Member

My first batch of .357

Post by SpaceRanger42 »

From start to finish, I only screwed up one round! Now I need to research how to rescue a bullet that is seated WAY too deep.
Never smile too big, the gods may mistake it for hubris.
Yes, I haz a moose. :D

Marlene
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: My first batch of .357

Post by Marlene »

One of the hammer type kinetic bullet pullers will take care of that deep bullet just fine. It’s a tool every reloader should have. It’s more work than the collet die types, but it avoids most bullet damage and doesn’t require a collet for each size.

SpaceRanger42
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by SpaceRanger42 »

Cool! I knew they were a thing but my experience had not yet got that far. I will look into one this weekend.

trailmix
Helpful Contributor

Post by trailmix »

SpaceRanger42 wrote:From start to finish, I only screwed up one round! Now I need to research how to rescue a bullet that is seated WAY too deep.
I am wanting to get into reloading 38/357 as well but I am not sure where to start. What kind of equipment are you using?

CDFingers
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by CDFingers »

Good action. Shoot 'em up and make more. +1 bullet pullers.

CDFingers
ImageImage
Turn on channel six, the President comes on the news,
Says, "I get no satisfaction, that's why I sing the blues."

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Congrats one your foray into the land of no return. .357 is also what got me into reloading. Now I'm casting and mining lead as well...

Kinetic pullers work but are boring. More fun to get yourself a Rossi carbine and use that as a "kinetic pusher". You can't blow up a Rossi carbine. (He he, famous last words, right?)
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee
Carpal Tunnel

Post by Bisbee »

Trailmix, if possible I'd recommend finding someone close to you who is already reloading and learn from them. There are a lot of safety details in reloading that can quickly be learned through doing. Best when you have someone telling you exactly what to do first then eventually watching over your own decisions about powder weights and selections, overall lengths, etc. Equipment is really the least important of your considerations.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

SpaceRanger42
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by SpaceRanger42 »

I watched a shit ton of videos on YT, then read two books cover to cover about reloading, watched another double dozen videos then sat with an acquaintance while he walked me through the process and coached me. I highly recommend sitting with someone as Bis said.

curiousgb
Helpful Contributor

Post by curiousgb »

When you get comfortable. Look at Dillon. I have had a 550 for 20 years. Loaded 500 rounds of 357 last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk